HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:28 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Styrofoam is out of production. This one is in a section of epo kits.

http://www.caliberhobby.com/EPO_kits.html
These are EPS kits, I think:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXRPD5&P=K
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ennnnncommmming!!!!!
Bellevue, WA
Joined Sep 2008
920 Posts
You can still buy the EPS kits from Caliber and BP Hobbies. Horizon has them out of stock which might mean they're done with them.
Cougar Zeke is offline Find More Posts by Cougar Zeke
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
I'll have to try that. Never wired anything up like that, so it's worth a try. Thanks for the info. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
I have had the same "luck". Was given a receiver ready used ME-262, flew it successfully for some time then one motor started lagging or had one out crash/near crash scenarios. Added Park BEC, new TBird 36's, new motors, re-arranged esc mounting, shortened esc to pack wiriing, etc, etc. was told T-Birds were ng for ME-262.Have only replaced 2028 green motors, and used GWS EDF 64 parts. Have foam parts to build a new one but tired of spending money and effort on this like most of the ME-262 drivers. When the electrical and electronic stuff works well they fly fine. If I ever try an EDF model again it will be single motor.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,196 Posts
That's too bad: mine was great for hundreds of flights until it ingested a Canada goose turd (big) on takeoff and did the old cartwheel. I have one in a box, but I'm not in a hurry.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
. was told T-Birds were ng for ME-262.
Who said that and why?

Last I read, T-Birds weren't rated for 4s, and I don't recall if their BECs get along well enough to run in parallel (Phoenixs are OK, I just don't remember about T-birds)

But with 3s and stand-alond BEC there should be no reason not to T-birds.
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2010
394 Posts
Logged in around ten flights this weekend with 2200-2450mah 3s batteries for my twin 55mm Me-262. Mine cg is around 10mm behind the suggested in the manual but still flew very stable. My last flight was a little less careful as I got too comfortable with this machine: with a beaten-up battery actually rated way below 20C, I actually took off with cross and little down the wind, for the convenience of taking off from concrete basketball court runway. The wind grounded felt like 10mph. The little underpowered Me-262 managed to get off into the air still, and not affected by the wind at all, including the landing.
Just noticed that the little high alpha immediately before touch-down would greatly help EDF or heavier planes during landing. The Me-262 would rolled forward quickly unless a final high alpha helps slow her down.
edwen303 is online now Find More Posts by edwen303
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Apr 2005
47 Posts
The search is over

New Dynam ME - 262 Warbird Preview (0 min 57 sec)
javierospina is offline Find More Posts by javierospina
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2010
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierospina View Post
Looks like a solid EPO machine with retract. People in RCG are already talking about modifying the nacelles of twin 70mm EDF to get better scale look...
edwen303 is online now Find More Posts by edwen303
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Apologies if it has been discussed before but +200 pages to go through is a little bit too much to find the answer and the search didn't find anything.

I've recently bought a GWS 262 kit together with 2 GP Hyperflow 56mm EDF's because that's what my local hobby store recommended to use before the GWS fans. But now after some reading it seems that the Hyperflow isn't that much better than the GWS fans after all...I can't choose now which ones to use! The stock fans or the Hyperflow fans. Which one would you use? Or any suggestions of using something else?
Tobbe is offline Find More Posts by Tobbe
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2009
283 Posts
The stock nacelles are for 64mm fans. Some have cut the stock ones down to fit 50-55mm fans though. As far as fan choice, if you have the Hyperflows already, and plan to cut down you nacelles, I would go ahead and use them.
Drezed is offline Find More Posts by Drezed
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Apr 2005
47 Posts
The stock hyperflows are a piece of garbage. If you want a decent performance you need to invest in a better motor, esc and batts.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
I haven't decided which ones to use. That's why I asked here for help to decide which one would be recommended

Javierospina, what do you mean? I already got a decent bat, esc and motor setup. Just want to know if it's totally worthless to modify the nacelles to fit the hyperflows if they ain't any better than the stock ones.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:50 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,427 Posts
The GWS 64 is one of the best 64mm EDFs. It's a very efficient unit with the right motor combination.
I don't know why they would recommend the Hyperflows unless you mentioned reducing the nacelles?
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Apr 2005
47 Posts
Here http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXA2&P=7 you can have a table with different combinations and thrust for the hyperflow. With a good configuration ($$$) i think is worth to modify the nacelles for a better scale look.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
9 Posts
Interesting. I thought the GWS units are rubbish . At least they seem to be more brittle than the Hyperflow edf in my opinion. The impeller is also rubbing against the housing on the GWS and seems to be made of softer plastic than the Hyperflow. I got a pair of Ammo 3790kv motors ordered which should give on 3s LiPo 450g of thrust according to the Towerhobbies site. Opinions?