SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:25 AM
latinflyer
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Dec 2004
747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
Vintauri, & Latinflyer,

I will check on this.

Ray
Thank you Ray for the quick response.
latinflyer is offline Find More Posts by latinflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:01 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Just so people can see the prices again without going back to the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
----------------------------------------
The version available now for you to order is the NPS white without decal and manual.

GWAEO024A (NPS white) @USD40.00

Shipping cost via EMS:

To US - USD37.00 one kit.
To Europe - USD40.00 one kit.
To Australia - USD31.00 one kit.
To Asia - USD26.00 one kit.
To S. America- USD50.00 one kit.

----------------------------------------

Ugh... If it's going to be this expensive for shipping everytime... I'm going to be passing on future early bird deals.

However, I'm still on for this last ride.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:43 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Thank Chirs,

I think GWS will try to ship to Early Birds very soon.

If you want to get the gws262, please contact us asap.

**** Experienced flyers only please ******

After that you can still get the kits from GWS dealers.

Ray from GWS
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Nov 08, 2006, 12:51 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
GWS China will ship out the containers to GWS USA and GWS Taiwan on Nov. 10th of SG and NPS version and Nov. 17th. of powered version.

I wish LHS also register how many qty. they need ASAP, so we will not miss the Christmas season!

Pls go to LHS to booking your wish now!
Mr Lin,

Could you please confirm when you have told JP that you will ship 262 to the UK - I mean the ex-factory date from China?

Ray in the context of your recent post about us encouraging JP to order GWS equipment, and because I doubt that Mr Lin will answer the question I have just asked him, you might want to ask the same question yourself and then review whether it's JP's customers who should be encouraging them, or GWS themselves. And since I guess that JP orders more GWS product than the other European national importers, if you live in Europe it would seem you should be basing your expectations of seeing 262 in your LHS closer to Easter 2007. For sure (and my hat's back on my plate waiting for the seasoning) it isn't going to be Christmas.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Nov 08, 2006, 02:54 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
I have received an email from Joyce that had my invoice attached so I assume that my Early Bird order is in process. Unfortunately as stated there are no power units for this model. A thorough search has uncovered the fact that the only country that has the GWBLM005A 3900 Inrunner BL Motor 2028 Green is the USA.

If I purchase a GWS inrunner from the USA then the Airmail Postage time is from 3 to 6 weeks. Given the fact that the Christmass period of extra mail traffic is upon us, one would have to work on the 6 weeks delivery scenario. In this case why get an Early Bird. Of course there is EMS but Tower Hobbies quoted me US$46 for two motors, weighing106 grams. This makes the China to USA EMS charge of US$37, for the kit, look like a real bargain.

The GWBLM005A 3900 Inrunner BL Motor 2028 Green motor appears to be ideal for a scale flying Me262. With a current draw of 10.8 amps and a thrust of 10.62 oz per motor. All the other inrunners that I have looked at draw closer to 20 Amps so will require a far more expensive and heavier battery.

Using one of these batteries means that the weight of a Me 262 will be over 30 oz, acceptable for the GWS 38 with over 300 sq. in wing area but the Me 262 only has 263 sq. in of wing area so excess weight will be more of a problem.

So if we fit the more powerful motors and larger battery we have an almost 2 LB model traveling at 50+ MPH. Ok for younger experienced fliers, but at the age of 64, I find that my eyesight and reactions are no longer up to flying such a model. I gave up using 3 cells on my Warbirds because of problems with speed induced disorientation causing too many crashes.

As well the proliferation of outrunners means that most of the stockist I normally buy from only have a very limited range of inrunners and these are always the most powerful and expensive versions that will draw too much current when used in this twin engined models.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Nov 08, 2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 08, 2006, 03:25 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Lower kv but lower amp draw too - any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Inrunner-KV320...QQcmdZViewItem
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Nov 08, 2006, 03:36 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
I expect the AC-world kit will be your best bet, Ken. At 7 or 8 turns you should be able to drop it down to near 10 oz of thrust with a corresponding current drop. Lighter than the green, too.
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Nov 08, 2006, 04:45 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeis
I expect the AC-world kit will be your best bet, Ken. At 7 or 8 turns you should be able to drop it down to near 10 oz of thrust with a corresponding current drop. Lighter than the green, too.
I am expecting the arival of two of the AC-Word kits either tomorrow or Monday.

My plan is to wind then so their output is the same as the GWS 3900 inrunners. This will give us an idea of the prefomance that can be expected from the GWS 3900 inrunners. I expect that it will take about 2 to 3 days to do the experimenting with the AC-World motors. Once the first motor is wound an tested then MotorCalc Design in the motor box will give a good idea of what changes will be needed. I expect that the correct wind will be finalised by the third attempt. I can see that this option would not be as popular as using the GWS Motor.

Roger

I had looked at this motor but the lack of any data on its output decided me against it. The Himax 2025-3200 is of similar size, weight and kV and it draws 17 amps on a EDF-64. I could have purchased one and tested it but that would have meant a 2 week delay if the motor had proved suitable. The AC-World motor will probably be wound, tested and ready for fitting by the time the Early Bird kit arrives.

All this would not have been nessecary if the 3900 Inrunner had been readily available.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Nov 08, 2006, 04:55 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,539 Posts
AC motors are very different to the GWS and similar 2040 chinese inrunners, the high Kv of the GWS is not indicative of fan speed. if you try to wind one to mimick 3900Kv you will pull close to 20 amps in the GWS fans.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 08, 2006, 04:57 PM
AMA 353531
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
My plan is to wind then so their output is the same as the GWS 3900 inrunners.
Sounds great, Ken, I look forward to your data. You're very thorough when you dive in to these sorts of things.

I've got 4 of the kits on my bench, so I'll have a couple of different winds waiting to test when mine arrives as well.
Last edited by rdeis; Nov 08, 2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2006, 05:01 PM
AMA 353531
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
AC motors are very different to the GWS and similar 2040 chinese inrunners, the high Kv of the GWS is not indicative of fan speed. if you try to wind one to mimick 3900Kv you will pull close to 20 amps in the GWS fans.
I think Ken's objective is to mimic the quoted 10-11oz thrust output. Sounds like you're saying that that output will come from a Kv substantially lower than 3900 on the AC motors?

IIRC you suggested 8 turns and 8 poles for a GWS 64 someplace else-- was that estimating a thrust output in this neighborhood, or a bit hotter? (I've seen several 17oz, 17A discussions- exciting, but required a pretty hot battery compared to the GWS motors...)
Old Nov 08, 2006, 05:17 PM
NW Victoria Australia
Joined Sep 2003
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
I had looked at this motor but the lack of any data on its output decided me against it. The Himax 2025-3200 is of similar size, weight and kV and it draws 17 amps on a EDF-64.
Ken
Ken did you mean Himax2025-3200 or 4200 ?

Been looking at the 4200 for these EDF-64's

Also looking at an inrunner with 4600Kv for a bit more go !
Bthree is offline Find More Posts by Bthree
Old Nov 08, 2006, 05:37 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Himax has 2015-3600's for a closer match in KV, lighter shorter can.

I use it for my BL EDF-55's for my A-10.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Nov 08, 2006, 05:48 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,065 Posts
Has anyone considered the J250 pusher mod as used on the A-10 when it first came out? Just a thought.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Nov 08, 2006, 08:08 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,689 Posts
Hi Early Bird Friends,

If you could not find out the equivalent inrunners at LHS or web site stores, do not forget ordering NPS version PLUS two 3900kv inrunners Earlier.

There would be EDF64-300H version and Inrunner version offered.

Chen
GWS CHEN is online now Find More Posts by GWS CHEN