HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
I cleaned my LHS out of 12x6E and 13x4E when I was there last time. I hate to get sidelined for a prop.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2007, 04:52 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
I cleaned my LHS out of 12x6E and 13x4E when I was there last time. I hate to get sidelined for a prop.
I hear ya. It anoys me to no end when I can't fly because some silly reason. Just the other day, I couldn't fly my new Alfa Spitfire because I didn't have small enough $1.19 ez connects for the alierons. Drives me nuts sometimes.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
fixed it and flies fine, used wire ties for reinforcement on the landing gear
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:50 AM
Model Designer - AMA 667982
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,924 Posts
Ah! Today is my Friday this week and I have five packs ready to go. I should get ten more flights on my MFX if I can get keep them charging fast enough between the two days. Should be able to monitor all the charging as I have a ton of HoneyDo's around the house and the weather man says it is going to be cool the next couple of days. If I can find them I think I will try the SFG's just to feel the difference in the flight characteristics as I haven't tried them yet.

Hey Mecevan, glad you have it fixed and don't forget to run that antenna out the side or top, keep it flying little dude.
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
My experience with SFG is better KE for sure but a little less speed of course and it seems a bit less stable at slow harrier etc. Have fun, I'll be here working
Old Apr 30, 2007, 08:44 AM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
453 Posts
I got mine out this weekend after putting it on hold for a couple of weeks. New motor, new ESC, external BEC... no problems. Now if I can just stop the wind from blowing, I think I'll like the plane again!
reyn3545 is online now Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:49 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,631 Posts
No kidding about the wind. I got in three flights this morning just as the sun came up...now it's 30+ gusting to 45. Yikes.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:50 PM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
453 Posts
Yep.. I guess I may be asking a lot to expect calm days in Spring... but I am spending a lot more time with the glow stuff.. and maybe next week I'll find the gonads to get my 50cc Extra in the air. I guess it'll be the duldroms of summer before I can expect calm mornings and evenings.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:57 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
awww second flight since fixed and it glitching again! i think its because my tx is on low so im going to charge it and see what happens
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:24 PM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
453 Posts
I had similar issues.. absolutely could not find and fix the glitches... thought I had them fixed at one point, and burned up an engine running it full blast on the ground while I rolled the sticks around to test max amp draw. Needles to say, this one was just a little frustrating. In the end, I replaced the engine (my fault), the ESC and I also added an external BEC... this seemed to resolve my problems. I've heard there were some issues with the E-Flite motors and internal BEC's, but I thought the problems were limited to E-Flite ESC's... who knows?

Anyway, all the new stuff seemed to resolve the problems, and I THINK the BEC was the real solution.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:09 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,924 Posts
Hey bildo how close are you to D.C. I'm planning my vacation there in July to visit my son. Gonna take in the fireworks on the forth on the Mall. Also planning to do some flying there if I can get myself out of the Air and Space.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:20 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans
awww second flight since fixed and it glitching again! i think its because my tx is on low so im going to charge it and see what happens
Wow! Mecevans that can be one of the hardest problems to isolate. Years ago I had a similar problem with my old Orbit set. It worked perfect at home however when I started the engine at the field my servos would glitch like no tomorrow. I checked everything except the connection to the batteries.
Finally in desperation I removed the plastic case around the batteries and discovered the red + wire was frayed. It would make contact as long as the engine wasn't running, but when the engine was running it vibrated causing intermentent contact. I learned from there to check every wire going to every servo battery and switch. When you have the time just give it a good look, at everything that has a wire going in or out. Hope you can isolate the problem.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
I am 3 hours or so depending on a lot of factors. I would love to get back out to Tucson one of these days. Maybe I can talk to the Wife in to visiting her Mom during the Phoenix electric event.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:24 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
yay! just my tx flew fine once i charged it back up
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
how is everyone elses mfx holding up? mine starting to get pretty beat up