SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:58 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,973 Posts
Well I put on four more flights yesterday morning and had a blast. Had a new battery a 2200 I picked up off ebay. What a difference compared to my name brand 2100 packs. I got 5 more minutes of flight time and the pack was only touch warm. I was able to get out and fly with a bunch of my old friends up at Maxwell Middle School here in Tucson. Great bunch of guys all with the same interests. Fly models and the sky was crowded all morning with as many as 7 planes in the air at a time. Ttyl. gotta go to work.
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:05 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Ok starcad, what battery is this? Sounds like you found a winner.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,636 Posts
I'm curious as well. Damn seven planes. The most I dare is two others. For me, things start getting crowded after that.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Apr 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
United States, IL, Elgin
Joined Apr 2002
650 Posts
How about 10 planes in a 9'x10' dorm room plus 3 in the works
Of course one of the largest is the MFX, which is only slightly beaten out as largest by my OV-10

The good news after having a glitch in an aileron servo, it seems to have been fixed by putting in a different servo. Only another flight will tell for sure.

Dave
david_r2ese is online now Find More Posts by david_r2ese
Old Apr 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Never did combat have you Dora?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:26 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
waaa! had a bad crash today i was flying around today and all of a sudden i get a small glitch, i didnt think anything of it so i kept on flying. i get a couple more, then more and decide to land and check it out, when im landing the elevator goes full down deflection and im diving quick. at the last second it responds and it pancakes the ground. heres what it could be

theres a guy with a bazillon antennas on his roof next door and he does amatur radios

bad crystal and reciver

motor loose and causes vibration

speed controller

some how my battery ballence wire broke too? theres allot of cracks everywere but ill try to repair it, i doubt it will last much longer and i may need to retire this one. the cowl is in pretty bad shape too
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:10 AM
Paul Teesalu
Goleta, CA
Joined Aug 2006
253 Posts
Bummer man! I've also noticed glitches on my hitec 05s receiver.. maybe thats where the problem starts? I just flew her in about 10mph winds, it did great!

Paul
ss2p is offline Find More Posts by ss2p
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:26 AM
Joined Aug 2006
856 Posts
Save a few bucks and go 2.4 when you can, You won't be dissappointed
hemituda is offline Find More Posts by hemituda
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:27 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Might wanna get yourself a Electron 6 or other dual conversion. 2.4 is a good option too but I'm waiting till I get plenty of service outa my current equipment. Got about 8 or ten good receivers now.

Damage looks fixable for sure.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
just bought my optic 2 months ago so im not going to upgrade till the modules come out. it might be the reciver but im going to buy a new xtal, just kind of stange because all of my other 200 plus flights ive never seen glitches. hey SS2P ever fly in 25 mph + winds? the thing just sits there at 3/4 throttle
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
Don't forget that if you don't put a tie-wrap around the Elevator and rudder extension they came come apart a little in the air and cause so scool crashes!
Thanks
Elvan!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Apr 26, 2007, 08:55 PM
United States, IL, Elgin
Joined Apr 2002
650 Posts
I must say, this is probably my favorite plane to fly now. I've had it in the air more in a week than any other plane I own. It is pretty tough too! I've had a few pancakes on landing from not keeping my speed up or too much flare, and have no issues with the landing gear. Today while flying in wind I shouldn't have been, I got a little disoriented on an inverted harrier and got all kinds of screwy. After clipping the top of a tree I kept it flying, but I was behind about 1/2 a second on my inputs and ended up pancaking inverted from 3 feet. All I suffered was a broken prop! Man this plane is nice!

Dave
david_r2ese is online now Find More Posts by david_r2ese
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:23 PM
Joined Dec 2006
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_r2ese
I must say, this is probably my favorite plane to fly now. I've had it in the air more in a week than any other plane I own. It is pretty tough too! I've had a few pancakes on landing from not keeping my speed up or too much flare, and have no issues with the landing gear. Today while flying in wind I shouldn't have been, I got a little disoriented on an inverted harrier and got all kinds of screwy. After clipping the top of a tree I kept it flying, but I was behind about 1/2 a second on my inputs and ended up pancaking inverted from 3 feet. All I suffered was a broken prop! Man this plane is nice!

Dave
You're lucky! I just ripped the entire UC out from my MFX after a pancake. It's all fixed with epoxy, I just need to get some covering material to replace the material that got ripped. Otherwise this is my favorite plane! It went together very smoothly and it flys great. The only problem is that if I fly it too high, I start getting confused as to the orientation in hovers (although that is probably just a problem with my eyes ).
rx20040 is offline Find More Posts by rx20040
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
...the wind usually blows
Carbon Creek
Joined Jan 2004
1,564 Posts
The white wire on the TP 3S 2100 PL is always the one that breaks. I strap the balancer plug wires down with strapping tape to provide some strain relief. Haven't had one break since.

Also, don't rule out the battery pack as the cause of the glitching. I had a terrible intermittent glitching problem once and it turned out to be a broken solder connection between two of the cells on a TP 3S 2100 PL. It's easy to diagnose, just try a different pack.
av8r is offline Find More Posts by av8r
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:06 AM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
doctoraudio i have bent the ends of the linkages and glued the screws so i doubt it was that, also all channels were twitching.

av8r i dont have a second pack so how can i fix it?

i bet its just the xtal, they wear out dont they? this reciver has been used on 2 planes