HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Sounds just like my slam and go damage. I just dropped CA in the mount areas and removed and straightened the gear. Only noticeable damage is the cracked paint on gear from bending. Wish it was anodized gear instead of paint and maybe a bit more springy so it doesn't bend as easily.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2007, 02:49 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
i need to order some replacement stuff for it like battery hatch, landing gear, and a canopy. i got about 50 flight on it over my break! should i upgrade to cf landing gear? , i heard its allot springier
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
What happened to your battery hatch? It seems like a pretty sturdy unit and is not easily ejected.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 12:34 AM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
I hinged the ailerons earlier. It's only the second time I've done it, & this time I used T-pins to space the gap like the instructions say. It made getting it right a lot easier. I'm a little more excited about this plane now because I realize that aside from gearboxes, any stick mount shaves the stick over time if you change boxes. It made the motor rattle on my edge, so I used epoxy for a final fix. It just so happened the thrust line is off a little, so I'm hoping the firewall mount on this one will work better.
Major Justice is offline Find More Posts by Major Justice
Old Mar 31, 2007, 02:54 AM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
well i never got a good hatch, all of the 4 they have sent me didnt fit, where cracked..... o and my landing gear broke again some stupid kids playing soccer were throwing stuff at it and i had to make an emergency landing. i would have kicked thier A** , but i had my plane in my hand
Old Mar 31, 2007, 08:33 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
these people are pissing me off, i go up to the park and they start threatining me. they say thier going to fight me if i fly on "thier" field again.i dont have anything against mexicans and i hang out with them all the time at school but these people are bad. they arent supposed to play soccer and thiers signs everywere saying it. they are always thrashing up the field and throwing trash everywere. i dont know if i can go up there anymore cause they might smash my plane

Old Mar 31, 2007, 09:56 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
I finally got a few flights in today. I think the MFX could use a bit more rudder but other than that I'm pretty darned happy with it. Flew with and w/o the SFGs. Seems a bit more stable w/o but KE is a bit better with them. I think I may have just a bit of twist in one wing judging from trim settings.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
you can take a piece of foam board and just tape it to it. works really well
Old Apr 01, 2007, 07:16 AM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
454 Posts
Just how much additional rudder is working out for everybody? An extra inch or so?

I swapped out the receiver in mine trying to eliminate the glitches... didn't help. I guess its the ESC. This time, it was glitching HEAVY with just about any throttle, so I had to land it dead stick with a little crosswind. I wound up ripping the gear out on landing, but its a 2 minute repair, except where the wheel pants poked holes in the bottom wing covering.. still pretty minor, considering the problem.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old Apr 01, 2007, 09:52 AM
Flying is a Gamble...
Front Royal, VA
Joined Jul 2003
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans
these people are pissing me off, i go up to the park and they start threatining me. they say thier going to fight me if i fly on "thier" field again.i dont have anything against mexicans and i hang out with them all the time at school but these people are bad. they arent supposed to play soccer and thiers signs everywere saying it. they are always thrashing up the field and throwing trash everywere. i dont know if i can go up there anymore cause they might smash my plane

Dude, I don't want to sound mean here, but you should consider joining an R/C club with it's own flying field. I've flown in lots of parks, schools, random fields, etc, but nothing compares to having a dedicated R/C-only flying site to go to. I know it's not always cheap to join a club, but $100 for annual AMA and club dues is cheaper than getting in a fight with 20 people at once! If I knew anything about Seaside, CA I'd recommend a club for you, but I'm on the "other" coast. Sorry...

Anyway, glad to see you're enjoying the MFX. Oh, and congrats on you and your brother doing the Young Eagles thing. Next step is flying lessons!
N925WB is offline Find More Posts by N925WB
Old Apr 01, 2007, 11:15 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Few pics from yesterdays flying. Was nice to actually get some stick time on it again.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 07:36 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
wow nice pics! my camera is only like .5 mp so it really sucks. im going to get a new on for ap though.

the only club close is about 60 miles away, and when i went out there they were kinda mean because i used electrics and they have big gassers. another reason is because nobody will take me out there. i flew out at fort ord an old abandoned military base, and they have a huge flat parking lot about 4 football fields big. but now thier developing these kb homes everywere and i have nowere to go. i might contact the ama for help because my other rc buddys are complaining too
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:15 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
just had my first "real" "real" crash . i was hovering and the sun was in my eyes and cartwheeled it cracked the motor block, left side of fuse, left corner of aileron, and tore elevator off. i was quick enough to click the throttle cut button so motor and esc are ok
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:24 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Bummer dude. I hate watching my toys fly apart.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:30 PM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
454 Posts
Mine's back in one piece again... looks great except for the packing tape over the holes in the wing bottom. I hope the ESC solves this glitching problem!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545