wow its my moms b day today. would be flying also
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,627 Posts
3D arms in place and bats are charged for tomorrow morning. Should make for a bit more excitement this time.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:14 AM
What, Me Fly?
Lakeland, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
161 Posts
This thing is a nice solid 3d plane. It makes me a much better pilot. It really is so easy to fly especially when compared to the old minifuntana. It's nice to see people not having too many problems with this plane!
Jim
wing1 is offline Find More Posts by wing1
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:39 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,627 Posts
My initial flight was great and I think it's gonna be super when I get the CG figured out. Anybody use aileron diff on this one?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:13 AM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
453 Posts
I have the mini also.. I think I like the x100 better, the mini grounded in anything but a slight breeze, and I've flown the x100 in 25mph gusts.. it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't grounded. The only plane that I've had and absolutely hated was the Katana Mini.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:43 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,627 Posts
I have to admit that the MFX is a lot easier to handle than the original KM. They both have their pluses/minuses I guess. The MFX is much easier (for me) to negotiate harriers/landings with.

As I figured todays weather/winds are horrible compared to yesterday when I spent all day doing family stuff and then I get told this morning that #2 daughter has a space project due tomorrow. I need a break!
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
Paul Teesalu
Goleta, CA
Joined Aug 2006
253 Posts
Finally I got a sweet spot for CG. Now I can finally harrier and hover at eye level. I still think its very good

Here is a quick review of my MFX... Did I post it here already or not?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...94&kit_id=4644

Paul
ss2p is offline Find More Posts by ss2p
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hatboro, Pa
Joined Aug 2006
120 Posts
Bildo, great Avatar pic!!!

LMAO

Rick
S76 Mech is offline Find More Posts by S76 Mech
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
They will soar on wings..
USA, CA, Danville
Joined Aug 2004
1,163 Posts
MFX Review

Paul,

It's a very nice aircraft - you took the words right out of my mouth!

Ron

p.s. Next time you plagiarize, at least get everything correct; the phrase was:

"The low-speed performance is amazing, aided by the large wing area and SFG's - I think I've found a forgiving enough balsa aircraft to practice low altitude harriers!"

p.p.s. I actually don't mind if you use my writing in your review, just ask first, OK?
rsasaki is offline Find More Posts by rsasaki
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
wow just came back from flight # 2 . put my high rates on and started to play around . i did some of my first hovers and they were great! some about 15 from ground. i do need to increase the rudder size though
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Mar 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
Paul Teesalu
Goleta, CA
Joined Aug 2006
253 Posts
oh lol... Yea I was searching info and found that I agreed on what you said and I was gonna change those but I forgot.. sorry..
Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:16 PM
Alpharetta, GA
Joined Jun 2006
453 Posts
Did my first harrier landing with the mini today... quite by accident. I don't know if the wind got under it or if I accidentally pulled back on the stick too much, but it lifted up, and I decided what the heck.. its low enough, its slow enough.. gave it just a hit of juice... it came back under control, softened right down, didn't roll six inches... I probably couldn't do that again with a year's practice.

I put a second battery in, and immediately on takeoff the plane got glitchy. I decided to land it in the weeds (no damage), and took at look at it... every time I get over about 1/2 trottle, it started glitching again. I don't know what kind of interference I'm getting, but it was enough to keep the mini grounded the rest of the day. I've got an old FM receiver in it, I'll swap it out for a SPCM receiver before next week. My other SPCM planes didn't have any problems, so that's the first step.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,627 Posts
Rick, I like to change the avatar up periodically. I love those guys in the commercials.

Where is everyone finding their CG sweet spot. Have not flown enuff to really work it out yet.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:56 PM
USA, NY, Brookhaven
Joined Mar 2003
1,475 Posts
If i remember correctly it is at 4 inches.
Rickc
RickC2009 is offline Find More Posts by RickC2009
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
Paul Teesalu
Goleta, CA
Joined Aug 2006
253 Posts
I dont have a tool to measure it exactly but for me it took one flight to set it. I took off, landed, moved cg back,took off, landed, moved cg back, etc.. until I it made sense for my 3d flying style. I sometimes also practice IMAC which the airplane does quite well..