cc45 settings

Hi, I was wondering what settings i should use for the phoenix 45 in this setup

Mini FuntanaX
Phoenix 45 firmware version 1.55
E-Flite 480 1020kv brushless outrunner
TP2100 3cell lipo
castle link 2.22
12x6e

Should I change any defaults in basic or advanced? What do you guys set yours for 3D with this setup? Thanks a million!
Steve
discosparkle is offline Find More Posts by discosparkle
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
What, Me Fly?
Lakeland, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
161 Posts
I got two flight on my Funtana Yesterday evening. Wow! this thing is so easy to fly. It hovers great!
wing1 is offline Find More Posts by wing1
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
United States, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2006
560 Posts
maidened mine on sunday, this plane flies on RAILS. my brio just got here, in the box waiting! :-)

dave
dnorm is offline Find More Posts by dnorm
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:17 AM
Joined Aug 2006
856 Posts
Make the brio wait, the mini funtana x is 10 x the airplane in my opinion.
hemituda is offline Find More Posts by hemituda
Old Feb 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
United States, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2006
560 Posts
hemituda,

really? why do you say that? what don't you like about the brio? or i guess i should ask why do you favor the mfx SO much more? i have heard nothing but good things about this plane.

dave
dnorm is offline Find More Posts by dnorm
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:51 PM
Joined Aug 2006
856 Posts
I actually liked it alot but sometimes out of nowhere it would do some really unexpected things. For example pulling out of a downline at a reasonable airspeed it would just snap violently. There were some aspects that were nice such as knifedge but it did not fly slowly well all of the time. It just had bad things happen at freaky times that were rather unexplainable. Luckily I never was too low that I could not recover but I did sell it to someone who did crash it shortly thereafter. I think it was just a little heavy. It does look very cool though.

Keith
hemituda is offline Find More Posts by hemituda
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:03 AM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Finally picked up one of these and finished the majority of the airframe assembly this evening. I still need to mount the motor and electronics but I weighed the bare aiframe and it looks like I may get it under 30 oz. The bare airframe weighed 16.6 oz. on the scale and that is with the SFG's, wheel pants, etc. Items not included were the pushrods, spinner, and CF tail brace pieces. I am going to temporarily borrow the 480 from my katana mini or my original funtana to try out initially. I did not have any problems with warps like many have stated and the only real flaw I found is that the cowling paint line is about 3/16" off on each side when compared to the fuse striping...it is pretty noticeable so I may try and remove the striping on the fuse and just lower it a bit.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:10 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemituda
I actually liked it alot but sometimes out of nowhere it would do some really unexpected things. For example pulling out of a downline at a reasonable airspeed it would just snap violently. There were some aspects that were nice such as knifedge but it did not fly slowly well all of the time. It just had bad things happen at freaky times that were rather unexplainable. Luckily I never was too low that I could not recover but I did sell it to someone who did crash it shortly thereafter. I think it was just a little heavy. It does look very cool though.

Keith
Funny you should mention that snap thing. I had the same problem after doing a big split S with a long high speed pull out. At the bottom it would get flaky and snap crazy. Also noticed it tended to drift in loops at the bottom and at the bottom of half Cubans. I started checking things and noticed the horz stab felt weak so I added the carbon fiber struts as I hadn't before flying the model. Made a very big difference in the way it handles and tamed that snap tendency.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Feb 19, 2007, 09:17 PM
Paul Teesalu
Goleta, CA
Joined Aug 2006
253 Posts
Ok finally I got my vid together... I can't do any ultra low hovers (can but Im only 13 and a 400 buck plane is a big deal... ) but still... enjoy!

Mini FuntanaX (2 min 18 sec)

Paul
ss2p is offline Find More Posts by ss2p
Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Newmarket,Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2002
968 Posts
hi i dont have a mini X but have a similar plane and know some of you are using the "power10" in this plane.
how do you find the power10?
what set up are you running with this motor?
will prolite2100's be enough for this motor?
could someone measure amps and rpm's of this motor with a few props for me?
11x5.5, 13x4, 12x6
ive been looking at the hacker A30-16m and wanted to compair the two. (my local shop dosent carry the hacker)

thanks and good flying
ededge2002
ededge2002 is offline Find More Posts by ededge2002
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
I love this plane!! Fly's
awesome!!
Ajdtiger is offline Find More Posts by Ajdtiger
Old Feb 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Sep 2006
363 Posts
finally got this plane ready to fly. will test tomorrow... a little heavier then expected, but we'll see how it flies. Im taking this and the AJ Extra 330 out. The AJ Extra flies incredibly stable and makes me look like a pro... ihope this one does the same.
Fly2Low is offline Find More Posts by Fly2Low
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:50 PM
wheel chock
NSW, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
293 Posts
I was considering getting one of these,
but my LHS only has the 910kv eflite 480....
not the 1050kv version as recomended in the instructions.

they had the following advice:
Lower RPM motor allows for a lower current and larger more efficient prop

will it fly 3D on the 910kv???? or should I get them to order the 1050 in.. (10 day wait )

I don't believe anything they say since they told me a JR Synth module won't work in a mx-22....
mitchamus is offline Find More Posts by mitchamus
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
I havent decided yet
Indiana
Joined Jun 2006
2,120 Posts
actually it is 1020kv but yes, i would wait for it. the 910 will fly it well but 3D will not be so good. just order the motor direct from horizon hobby.
dmiller746 is offline Find More Posts by dmiller746
Old Feb 21, 2007, 01:05 AM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Definately get the 1020 kv version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchamus
[I]Lower RPM motor allows for a lower current and larger more efficient prop
I think it is rated for about 6 more amps over the 910kv version...several people have reported that there is a noticeable difference. I have only used the 1020 version myself.

On another note. I got mine in the air today. I flew one pack at lunch and another this evening. By the second flight I was comfortable enough with the plane to have it in a harrier 5 foot off the deck, it is very stable. It is a pretty significant improvement over the original. I am not totally fond of the way the SFG's look but it they work I will learn to live with them. KE performance is better than the older version and I did not detect any pitch coupling and just a bit of roll coupling. The 480 seems to have enough power for me and I am a huge advocate of this motor but the bearings seem to get a bit noisy after a while compared to some of the other high end motors. The tailwheel let go after the first flight somehow so I probably will just replace it with a dubro skid. The new version is much more 3D capable than the original and for once I could hold the plane in a pretty steady hover. Look forward to putting some more time on it.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf