HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2006, 07:48 PM
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jun 2003
3,182 Posts
Discussion
combining data for different brands of motors

We need a way to track all the fantastic motor data in here, like they have done with batteries, in the "battery graph vault".

It would sure be nice to have a thread or 2, stuck at the top, for all the user supplied motor/voltage/prop/amps/power/thrust/rpm data here, rather than having to search and search and search...
derway is offline Find More Posts by derway
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2006, 08:17 PM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
*cough* motocalc *cough*

http://www.motocalc.com/data/motor.html

http://www.motocalc.com/data/show.cgi?table=1

The right tool for the right job . . .
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole
Old Oct 28, 2006, 08:30 PM
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jun 2003
3,182 Posts
Been using motocalc for years, but that isn't what I mean.

But motocalc says nothing about quality of motors, such as bearings, and how much heat the wire and magnets used by each motor can take, before permanent damage.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:23 AM
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jun 2003
3,182 Posts
What about replacement policies?

The problem really is that there are now far too many options available! You'd spend a lifetime tracking down the data for the vast majority of new motors which aren't in motocalc yet, and then running them all through.

Far better to have some generalizations, if we can figure them out.

I saw in another thread, that hobby lobby replaces broken axi motors for 1/2 price. Is this a general thing with hobby lobby - that they replace bad motors for 1/2 price? Or only axi motors?

Are there motor brands and/or vendors which are known for good/bad replacement policy?

How do hacker, himax, or eflite stand up this way?
Last edited by derway; Oct 29, 2006 at 11:33 AM.