HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:35 PM
em
Underwood, WA, USA
Joined Feb 2000
197 Posts
Question
Informed opinion on the best value in 1/10?

I'd like to get my 8 yr. old son and I a couple of good quality buggys for Xmas (I want lowered Mini- he wants stadium truck- so a compromise). We fly electric and have lots of homemade packs, including A123s and chargers, so we won't need those. We have a large driveway and interesting lawn terrain to race on but, these first cars need to be durable rather than blazingly fast. I used truck and buggy motors in planes fo a few years, before going brushless, so I can change brushes and turn comm's. 2WD is OK and just enough ground clearance to navigate mowed grass would be good. I think a reliable ESC and proportional steering sound good. What other features are good at the novice level? I would like to get into this at $250 or less per car with XTMR. Thanks!
em is offline Find More Posts by em
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Apr 2003
574 Posts
You should also ask on rcuniverse and rctech.net. There's a lot more car folk at those two places.
Draganfly is offline Find More Posts by Draganfly
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
Let the good times roll
Southern California
Joined Jun 2004
260 Posts
Traxxas Bandit! I believe it comes with an esc now and if you throw a 19 turn motor in it it'll rip. I have one all dremeled out and I still love it. It gets driven more than my tmaxx. The shocks come setup with pretty thick oil so it can be jumped without breaking but I took most of the oil out of mine and now it drives very scale. The only problems that Ive had were the wheel nuts becoming loose. If you put the lock nuts on there it solves the problem and your good to go!
TheCrow is offline Find More Posts by TheCrow