HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:20 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
900 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a Good (Looking) 4ch Trainer HELP!

All:

I am having a real hell of a time finding what I consider to be a good looking 4ch trainer. When I say good looking I am really dissappointed that most foam trainers look like cheap computer packing. I would love a decent foam model but am really put off by the looks of them hanging in my study from the ceiling. I think I need foam versus wood because of it's better durability in a trainer.

Should I just get over it?

Even so, getting one with Servos, battery and motor all as one kit also seems to be a big problem. I do not want one of the "free" radio TXs & RXs that are often provided with the RTF models. I have a great TX & RX Combo.

I am getting very frustrated with the search. I like the look of the foam Great Planes Corsair, but it is not a trainer and it does not have an undercarriage. I really want a plane that can take off and land on tarmac.

HELP!!!

SWR
ShokWaveRider is online now Find More Posts by ShokWaveRider
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
Fleetwood, Northern England
Joined Jun 2006
300 Posts
Yeah get over it, they all look fine in the air and if you compromise flyability for looks then it will look even worse than the worse foam thing as it spreads itself into a hundred pieces all over your flying site.
northernmonkey is offline Find More Posts by northernmonkey
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:18 AM
Sam Talley
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2003
299 Posts
How about the Multiplex Minimag?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455206

Here is the Hobby People page:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/240155.asp
Ranger13 is offline Find More Posts by Ranger13