HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2002, 03:04 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jun 2001
36 Posts
lunch time flyer

I can easily get access to a 2 axis contour cutting machine, I would like to know if anyone knows of a wing profile I could use for a 36-40" hlg. I plan on using 2 HS-55's, a Shredder RX and probably the smallest RX pack I can find at the Hobby shop. My problem is I want to build this plane with a Poly wing and dont know of a profile I could cut in only the 2 axis I have available. I could hot wire cut the wings with a bow, but it would take a long time to set up templates and layout the templates to cut em. I'm at work and can eaisily have the contour machine cut my wings for me. I plan on using 1# EPS for the wings with a carbon spar for wing support, A 24" boom and a 1.3# EPP pod w/ my servo, RX and Battery holes cut from the side. I'm thinking about something similar to the DAW Dragonette. Any help is appreciated.
jrgii is offline Find More Posts by jrgii
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2002, 04:17 PM
Cambridge, MA USA
Joined May 2001
1,737 Posts
Re: lunch time flyer

The AG13/AG14 should work very well. Download at
http://www.monkeytumble.com/hlg/supergee.htm
If you need more structural thickness, especially near the TE, the AG04/AG08 will work OK. These are at
http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articl..._apogeehlg.htm

HS-55's are huge overkill for such a glider.
HS-50's or equivalents would be a better choice,
and will save significant weight.

I would use a 3-cell 150 mAh NiMH pack.
www.batteriesamerica.com carries them.
They will easily give over 90 minutes of flying time. Three-cell packs work fine for Hitec equipment, but maybe not for others.

The Sirius 100 or 200 chargers are perfect for such small NiMH packs.
markdrela is offline Find More Posts by markdrela