Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:02 PM
Joined Sep 2006
143 Posts
Discussion
Real Flight G3 or Esky Flight simulator

I have Real Flight G3, which I really like. I have seen on ebay, Esky flight sim for FMS. I have the free version of Fms and it is ok, but G3 is way better.
Which one is best? I was wondering if I should by the Esky.
Anyone have any thoughts on these sims?
cpt.bhern is offline Find More Posts by cpt.bhern
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:05 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
G3 will be FAR superior to FMS or the Esky. Save your money.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is offline Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:38 PM
Joined Sep 2006
143 Posts
Thanks Chris.....I thought the G3 was the best, but have never seen the Esky sim.
I will spend my money on spare parts now.
cpt.bhern is offline Find More Posts by cpt.bhern
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:46 AM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
G3 is much better as it is a paid program. Esky is cheap as it use the free FMS Simulator (FMS Website)
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:35 AM
Joined Jun 2006
98 Posts
And I've just downloaded the G3.5 update (public beta) and WOW! fantastic - having great fun with the night flying and neon lights on the heli.
WykeWing is offline Find More Posts by WykeWing
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:19 AM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.bhern
Thanks Chris.....I thought the G3 was the best, but have never seen the Esky sim.
I will spend my money on spare parts now.
G3 is certainly best of those listed.
I have also used Reflex XTR, and it is (arguably) slightly better than G3. But I think the differences are so minor that XTR and G3 could be considered equivilent.

G3.5? I need to go look!
Vince Herman is online now Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:04 AM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
The night flying in G3.5 is pretty cool. There were a bunch of heli guys online last night flying in a night field. It was wild!

There is some kind of a bug related to plane snap rolls that a few people are complaining about, and a bunch of other nice changes in G3.5, plus it's a free update for G3 owners.
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:58 AM
Mom says I'm special...
Aurora, CO
Joined Apr 2003
2,562 Posts
3.5 is great!! A few issues so far that I've seen:

The Dominion 90 seems to pitch up badly in FFF. You have to keep the AOA JUST perfect to maintain speed. They don't slide quite as far on downhill crashes though...

I've also found that some of the training vids aren't correct. On one of the takeoff vids, the landing gear sinks into the runway about 3 or 4 inches when the plane is on the ground.

I've been landing the Dominion 90 on the wall in the athletic club!! Now THAT'S fun!! I was boring the little lady with the recordings last night.

The streamers and night flying are awesome too.

My T-Rex 450's that I downloaded aren't working correctly anymore, either. The Blade CP is working though.

-Roman
beafraid8 is offline Find More Posts by beafraid8
Old Sep 05, 2007, 08:59 AM
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
I only know from planes experence (6 years) but G3.5 is way to "easy" planes just DONT snap that easy XTR seems to be more on the spot for relism so if you want to play a "game" then get G3 if you want to impove your flying get XTR but out of the best 3 sim's the order for ME would be

Reflex XTR
Aero Flight Deluxe

and G3.5 a distint last (i have a copy if anyone wants it i sure dont)
honeybeeking2 is offline Find More Posts by honeybeeking2
Old Sep 13, 2007, 03:46 AM
Joined Jun 2006
5 Posts
e-dky flight simulator

I have bought the e-sky flight simulator yesterday and is not very impressed withy the product.It does not have the Lama chopper as it states on the box.Even the simulator is a free download from the internet.
firebladeash is offline Find More Posts by firebladeash
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:51 AM
Fort Lee, NJ
Joined Mar 2008
97 Posts
Hi Honeybeeking2,
I just bought my first rc plane and e-sky controller both on their way.
I would love to get a copy of your G3.5
Let me know how we can proceed with this one.
denox is offline Find More Posts by denox
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:21 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeeking2
I only know from planes experence (6 years) but G3.5 is way to "easy" planes just DONT snap that easy XTR seems to be more on the spot for relism so if you want to play a "game" then get G3 if you want to impove your flying get XTR but out of the best 3 sim's the order for ME would be

Reflex XTR
Aero Flight Deluxe

and G3.5 a distint last (i have a copy if anyone wants it i sure dont)
.. it would be nice to have a better sim than g3.5 .. ive found g3.5 to be pretty much spot-on with the mx400 and transitioning what i learn to my honeybee king ... any better and it wouldnt be realistic .. the only thing i would improve on it is more detailed graphics and maybe an adjustment for motor power .. that may even be in there i havent taken the time to really explore all the settings ... i like that i can dial the wind up after i learn a move or orientation to get even more realism .. i just cant complain about g3.5 it got me flying and confident with my king2 and like i mentioned ... the stick inputs are almost exact to the helis reaction in real flight .. with the g3.5 that i have anyway ... maybe the one u have is different

.. but really an edit here is in order ... the secret to any sim in my humble opinion is not kidding yourself ... theres a big view there virtually and its easier to see everything from the outside looking down on it ... but how much control do you really have and how much are you watching it coast .. if you are not 100% in control at all times u will be punished accordingly put it in a small space with somthing around you or on the ground to guide off of and make it do exactly what u want it to do and nothing else .. and be smooth about it ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Last edited by dze; Mar 28, 2008 at 04:51 PM.