HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by will_newton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 190
Sold
very nice XP-4 DLG, fully RTF, contest ready

Up for grabs is my XP-4 DLG from Polecataero. Everything is there, I'll even throw in a xtal if you want, as long as you want ch. 14!

This is one of the nicest DLG's I've owned and of the many I've sold on RcGroups, this is the finest.

This DLG is equipped with some nice gear that has been flown in two DLG contests this year. It performs as well at speck height as it does cruising low over a field of transmitters.

The gear includes:

An FMA Extreme 5 dual conversion Rx w/optional ch. 14 xtal (rock solid)
A one week old Hs-55 on the elevator (performs great)
A JR 241 servo on the rudder (needs little to no preset)
JR digital 281 servos on the ailerons (no flutter, ever)
A 370 Nimh rx pack (bought new this season)
Switchjack for charging and checking the battery without opening the hatch.

The wing is in excellent repair except for a few finger catch marks, a very small repaired ding in the leading edge (almost can't tell it's there), and some minor stress bends in the kevlar near the root that happened many months ago and have been repaired. The wingtips have a small amount (2-3") of tape on the bottom of each on the flaperon hinges for reinforcement. It uses a very nicely contoured throwing blade.

The fuselage is in very good shape with two small patches on each side reinforcing small cracks that occured in the same incident as the wing boo-boos. Once again, repaired months ago with a very clean job with zero effect on the aerodynamics.

The tailboom has been sanded for weight savings, but has a repair between the elevator and rudder. As always, I kept the repair light and tight!

The elevator is a new XP 4.5 fin purchased recently. The rudder is original with some wear from being landed, and has a bias cut piece of 3/4 oz. Kevlar laminated onto the bottom edge for strength and wear resistance. I moved the control horn to the other side of the rudder, so the original hole is there but it's obviously not a big deal as the control horn is inserted into it from the other side.

I have recently remade all the control runs on this plane, they are light and stiff. I have replaced all the original plywood horns with Taboo GT carbon fiber horns.

This glider weighs 11.25 ozs. which is not bad for an XP-4. With practice, it will still get you 2 minute dead-air times and can fly unballasted in the nastiest conditions.

I'm a big guy and this plane will take the hardest launches I can give it. The tailboom repair has improved the strength at the rear end and this DLG can take landings that would snap a new boom. The tight linkages make for an arrow straight launch.

She will come down in a screaming fast dive or hang in the air with flaperons dropped

I have chrome trim on the leading edge and over the wing servos. It helps with orientation when you fly it at a distance and looks cool to boot.

You could easily plonk down about $700 to get the parts for this plane and you would only have the parts in your hand and the you could spend a few hundred more to get it built by someone who knows how to do it. The build effort has already been done for you and done well. The radio gear has been tested and performs flawlessly.

You'll be hard pressed to find a DLG this nice come up for sale on Rcgroups. I have 100% positive feedback and have pointed out every detail I can think of about this DLG. I am asking $445.00 shipped and insured in the CONUS. I will ship to other destinations, but check with me first about the difference in shipping.

I accept Paypal only. No trades. Send a PM for payment info.

Tell your spouse the holidays are coming a little early this year!
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
Last edited by will_newton; Oct 24, 2006 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:41 AM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Nice plane and a great ad. It wants me to rub its belly!? how about I grab its ear and yank it!!!
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:06 AM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Thanks Trashmanf, I really put some time into this ad, because I have a lot of love for this DLG. It's my number one ride, but a brand new DLG has entered the family and I've decided to sell this one while it's in such good shape.

That being said, I have a sale pending, but if folks would like a second chance I'll put them in line for it just in case things don't pan out.

You never know!

Thanks RcGroups!

edit-SOLD!
Last edited by will_newton; Oct 27, 2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:14 AM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
One more note for those that missed out on this one, a few threads below mine user Goinav8n (Jeff Carr) has his XP-3 for sale. I saw this DLG last weekend at the ECHLGF and it's in good shape. Jeff is a straight up guy and the plane, even with the repairs is in good shape.

-edit his is sold too!
Last edited by will_newton; Oct 27, 2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:11 AM
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Joined May 2004
89 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
PM Sent.
redietz is offline Find More Posts by redietz
Closed Thread