HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:28 PM
Prague Ruzyne, Czechoslovakia (former)
Joined Jan 2003
481 Posts
Discussion
Clik! First prototype

It seems that monoplanes might be the way to go - MM, the van der Vechts, Chyska, Spatny etc, many have converted. The biplane has some advantages to it, but with modern light equipment, the experience of the past few years and improved piloting skills, the monoplane seems like a viable option again. Soooo, here is my attempt... 78 cm wingspan, 86 or so lenght without motor, 136 g with fairly standard equipment (the Penta, 7A MGM, 3x Waypoint 60, 2s Hyperion 300mAh, Potensky 30W).
In flight, it behaves very much like the best of my biplanes... almost the same slow speed, very linear response to controls. Looks like there is no looking back for me. I am goint to try my luck with this one in Carvin, also have to build one more for my son (Jan Blaha) who is going to compete there in the national category.

The link www.rc-factory.eu is not going to be online for 2 more weeks, btw.
David Kyjovsky is offline Find More Posts by David Kyjovsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:40 PM
TEAM HITEC
Irving, Texas
Joined Aug 2006
82 Posts
Very Nice!! How it fly?
3D Master is offline Find More Posts by 3D Master
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Nov 2003
2,844 Posts
Very nice.
3d_Crazy is offline Find More Posts by 3d_Crazy
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:37 PM
Wind Powered
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Looks great.
I am surprised that you were willing to give up any weight with the thrust adjusters on the motor mount.
Great job.
george@dream-flight is offline Find More Posts by george@dream-flight
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
One more great looking plane David, really nice lines and painting looks cool, but im little confused...looks like this year fashion will be monoplanes, nice to hear you think Click fly like your best bipe (by the way wich your bipe is best?. But i probably will stay with biplanes (atleast in first part of new season), many great pilots like B.Dierick still fly bipes Tomorrow i will test my new plane Future F3P, should be much better flyer than my last year plane.

By the way David, these new wing details looks great, but how efective they are?

And one more question from another opera, when you planing to have Slowflyer 2007 ?

Best wishes Donatas,
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:39 PM
Joined Jan 2003
481 Posts
g_rod22x: I like the convenience of the thrust adjusters. For me, well worth the extra gram.. especially the TR is very sensitive to your thrust line, it pays to have it perfect.

3Don: Hi Donatas,

the wing stuff is, well, interesting - but I have only 2 gym sessions with the Clik! so far... It feels like the SFGs improve KE a bit and the extra little "forewing" together with the SFGSs delays the stall somewhat. Definitely the plane "feels good", with very linear response to controls, and I am not going to change much if anything. Apart from one thing, my next Clik! is going to be 5% bigger, to see if size matters .

C U in Carvin soon!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2003
481 Posts
3Don: the SlowFlyer will be only a 1 day event this time... and I don't know the date yet.

My best bipe was probably the Focus, neither the Endorfine nor the Axon really lived up my expectations. Not bad, but the Focus was better.... the picture of my first one is on the pictures attached here.
Last edited by David Kyjovsky; Oct 24, 2006 at 05:33 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:19 PM
PB #2212
London, England
Joined Dec 2005
330 Posts
will there be plans for your clik ???

dan
3dflyindan is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyindan
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:25 PM
Joined Jul 2006
5 Posts
Very nice. kup
KAWE is offline Find More Posts by KAWE
Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:19 AM
Joined Jan 2003
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyindan
will there be plans for your clik ???

dan
No. The plane will be kitted and hopefully available before the years end.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:44 AM
PB #2212
London, England
Joined Dec 2005
330 Posts
nice how much are we talking for a plane like this to be sent to UK ??

many thanks

dan
3dflyindan is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyindan
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kyjovsky
136 g with fairly standard equipment (the Penta, 7A MGM, 3x Waypoint 60, 2s Hyperion 300mAh, Potensky 30W).
Hi David. First of all well done on producing something that looks different. I hope it flies as good as it looks.

I'm interested in the penta. At the moment I only trust Schulze for my indoor models having tried the GWS pico and found that it regularly crashes my models for me. The penta is lighter than the schulze and cheaper too, but if it suffers from glitches like the GWS it is not worth buying.

TIA
Mike
Mike Seale is online now Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:23 PM
Great RC Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
looks usome!
you have to make a video of that thing fly, lets see if it worth the time!
rapghsi is offline Find More Posts by rapghsi
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:55 PM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
hello rapghsi,
How I know Davit, video will be after carvin competition. his trainig gym i 2 small, video from big hall in carvinīll be much better. check www.RCmania.cz after 12th November
Sorry for my englist :-)
HonzaS
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:34 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,356 Posts
Looks great David. Looking forward to a video. Also, looks like the graphics are printed, not painted. Care to share the details of the printing method/printer?

Tim H.
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.