HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RayH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
Tuskegee Airmen; My Heros
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Discussion
My Projects

Now that I have the bulk of my back orders dealt with, I can get back on my own stuff. Will spend the next couple of months on slope related personal projects, then come first of the year, I will be heavily back into my Giant Scale, gas and turbine projects.
Kits will be prepared and delivered along side, as ordered.
RayH is offline Find More Posts by RayH
Last edited by RayH; Oct 27, 2006 at 10:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:30 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
Thanks Ray. I'll look for the fuses and template next week. I really appreciate you doing this for me/us. Fuses are by far the hard part of the build.

I forgot to mention this: I'm glad you made the canopies out of the black cloth so I could see what the stuff looks like. gv
gavoss is offline Find More Posts by gavoss
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:00 PM
Embrace the suck
Joined Nov 2004
4,269 Posts
Don't forget the DC-3 cores! Nacelles to come later - I've been on other things.
nauga is offline Find More Posts by nauga
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:11 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
Nauga, I've got one BAe Hawk fuse. I was getting $85 each so take away $30 for the cores and we are left with $55 difference. Is that OK with you? gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:15 AM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Jack and George, sorry for delay, been a very non stop week. But got the spit fuses bottom seamed last night. I need to go buy some boxes and get off over the weekend.
I wont forget the DC-3 cores either.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:47 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
Were you able to ship the fuses? gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:21 PM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
packaging was turning issue when I went for shipping price quotes. I have split things up into smaller boxes now, I will run labels from home and hand to UPS on Monday. Tracking numbers will sent to you on Monday.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
Thanks for the update. gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:31 PM
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
fiber glass'tan çok güzel bir iş çıkarmış sınız...bende helikopter gövdesi yaparken kullanıcam bu tekniği...şimdiden resimler için teşekkürler) english bilmediğim içinde sroy.
ares2039 is offline Find More Posts by ares2039
Old Nov 02, 2006, 02:48 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
Ray, check your email. I sent you an update on the fuses. They arrrived fine but I have many more comments in the email. Thanks again. gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2006, 04:58 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,844 Posts
I got my fuses and wing cores

The Brown truck just dropped off 3 boxes for me. 2 boxes contained 2 fuselages each and the third box contained the cores for one of the fuses. I'm now the proud owner of 2 Macchi, 1 DC-3 and a Spitfire fuse from Ray, and a set of cores for the DC-3 from Nauga's CNC foam cutting machine. Everything looked great even though UPS managed to slightly deform the fuse boxes and managed to poke one of the Macchi fuses nose through the box.

I had Ray make a light and heavy fuse of the Macchi since my normal flying conditions vary so much. The heavy one won't be heavy by Fermin standars, but heavy for Midwest conditions. I'll finish them in opposite color schemes, i.e. one will be desert tan with green fairy rings and the other will be green with desert tan fairy rings.

The DC3 will be done in FAA color scheme which for years flew every weekend here in OKC. I miss hearing her fly over the house at 10AM each Saturday. It'll be easy to see in its white, grey and orange color scheme.

As for the Spitfire, I have no idea what I'll do with that one!

Thanks Ray and Nauga. I appreciate your efforts. gv
RCG Plus Member