HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:30 AM
Joined Oct 2006
20 Posts
Discussion
Do Not Buy Things From Evolutionhobbies Www.evolutionhobbies.com Beware, He Is A Liar

Give it a thought for your self and share your opinions if you want to. YOU DECIDE GUYS! I am here just to inform and help you guys so you will not get the same problems as me/being bluff by this liar. I know this story is kinda long but it is actually full of proofs so please have a look and make your own judgement on this. IT's WORTH READING THIS!

Here is the story of him been lying to me all the way until now. At first before i paid for the item (which is a TRF415MSX MRE), he told me that it will take 7-10 days with Airmail which costing $30+ USD (which i paid for it) BUT never received until now!

After i made the payment on the 9/25/06, he told me that he would sent me the customs declaration number but he didn't and i start to worried and i kept sending him emails which he then replied and told me that his mom passed away (which i received on the 10/2/06). Then on the 10/5/06, he sent me an email telling that the kit shipped that day (which he told PAYPAL he sent the item only on the 10/17/06) –> LIE, and it will take up to 3 weeks and no tracking number as USPS do not give tracking number as it leaves US (LIE AGAIN because as far as my concern USPS does give tracking number and I paid $30+ For Christ sake!).

Here is the PROOF:
From : evolutionhobbies@juno.com <evolutionhobbies@juno.com>
Sent : Monday, September 25, 2006 11:44 AM
To : edwij@hotmail.com
Subject : Re: TRF415 Marc Rheinard Edition

Hello
Payment received. Kit will ship tomorrow and i will forward customs information. This will go to your house and will state "Gift" value $ 100.00 for your benefit. Please let me know when it arrives.
regards
Bob

Sent : Monday, October 2, 2006 7:58 PM

Hello Edward
I apologize for not answring my emails. My mother passed away and i am
currently out of state until wednesday. When i get home i will get all
my orders out and send confirmation. This was not something i planned
on and it is not the way i do business. Once again, my apologies.
rgards

Bob

Sent : Thursday, October 5, 2006 7:31 AM

Hi Edward
Kit shipped today. Your Customs declaration form number is CP 281 223 301 US, this is NOT a tracking number as the US Postal Service cannot track once it leaves the country. Airmail can take up to 3 weeks depending on the container being full. Please let me know when it arrives.
regards
Bob

THE worst thing is, this guy THREATEN ME that he will give my name or whatever he wants to give it to his dealer so they wont do business with me. OH MY GOD, just think about it guys how stupid and unprofessional this guy is saying something like that. How can as a business man have this kind of attitude towards customers! The bottom line is THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU purchase something from this guy, that’s my point!

PROOF:
Sent : Monday, October 16, 2006 12:22 PM

Hello
First, your kit was sent when i gave you the shipping information. I told you at that time the customs form is NOT a tracking number. I also stated just what the post office told me as far as shipping. I have sent many packages to other countries and some just take a little longer than what it says. As far as the threat of telling others how i do business? I keep very good records and can back any claim that i make and i have never lost when someone makes a claim against me(only twice in 3 1/2 years.) If you feel that you have to threaten me I also have recourse as to our dealer "do not do business with" list that goes out every month. So the bottom line is give it a little longer.
Bob

HERE COMES ANOTHER STORY FROM THAT LIAR AGAIN! Just now in the morning i sent him an email and asked him whether which date did he really sent the Kit, and he told me that he has just sent the KIT NOW, AND IT WILL NOT SHIP TO MY ADDRESS NOW INSTEAD HE WILL SEND IT TO MY FRIEND ADDRESS (because i use my friend Paypal Acc to do the payment), and he will state it as FULL PRICE SO I GET TAX (Which he promised before payment that he will sent it to my address and state it as $100 as a gift). YOU GUYS SEE NOW HOW THIS GUY DO ALL HIS DIRTY WORK!!! IT IS JUST UNBELIEVEABLE! PLEASE COPY THIS ALL AND POST IT TO ANOTHER THREAD FORUM SO PEOPLE WONT GET BLUFF BY THIS SOB!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU WILL GO BANKRUPT AND I WILL BE THE ONE WHO CAUSE IT EVOLUTIONHOBBIES!!!

HERE IS THE PROOF:
Sent : Friday, September 22, 2006 10:08 AM

Hi again

The only way that i could do it for that price is with surface shipping. I can help out by sending it as a "gift" with a lower value for customs purposes. It could be sent for $ 100.00 customs value but i would reccomend the $ 2.65 USD for insurance. Its up to you. The paypal account is seancorm1@yahoo.com (verified business account)This would ship on Monday if you decide to do it.

regards

Bob

Sent : Monday, October 23, 2006 8:39 AM

Now that you have filed a complaint with Paypal i see no further reason to converse with you. I have supplied Paypal with the required information. You have tied up a business account with Paypal and any loss i incur will be dealt with legally. I had to protect my self under paypal rules for seller protection. Your kit was sent to the account holders address and at $ 450.00 value for customs purposes. I do not like scammers and this deal stinks.
51en is offline Find More Posts by 51en
Last edited by 51en; Oct 23, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2006, 04:08 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Where is the item coming from and where is it going to? I have ordered things from other countrys sometimes it takes 14 days sometimes a lot longer, especially if customs get their grimy mitts on them. You have also mixed the dates of his e-mails to you so it gives a bad impression, but if you read them in date order it would seem he is the wronged party in this. Have you got the item? did it take less than a month to go from one country to another? did you pay less than you would have to get it in your own country? If the answer to these questions is yes then you are doing him a diservice, if the answer to the first two is yes and the last is no. then you are certainly the only one to blame.
He gave you an explanation for the delay, how would you cope with your mother dieing and some muppet sending abusive e-mails. By the looks of this he should be sending out messages on this forum about you.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:58 AM
TOPDOG
Taiwan
Joined Oct 2003
817 Posts
51en, where do you live. because i know some countries take awhile to get to because some do not have regualr mail flights/transport going in that direction. from what I read it certainly smells of a rat, but for future reference take the above into mind

depending on where you are I would recommend etamiya.com for cars. I ordered my Ta05 with speed-post( 3-7 buisness days). they emailed me back within 2hrs of my order being sent to tell me that the car version I ordered was out of stock but would have it in 2-3 days and asked if I would like to change to a different car or cover version. I decided to wait. 2 days later i get my tracking num. and within 20 hrs(i timed it) it was at my door. i hightly recomend them
pacro is offline Find More Posts by pacro
Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:53 AM
Arizona
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Thanks for warning me! I will stay away and warn my friends!!
bret191 is offline Find More Posts by bret191
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:21 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bret191 View Post
Thanks for warning me! I will stay away and warn my friends!!
I wonder if this company even exists, as this topic is almost 7 years old...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 13, 2013, 09:49 AM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
DOH!
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
Old Jul 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
R/C, FPV, UAVs
Alberta, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
116 Posts
Evolution Hobbies (http://evohobbies.com/) does exist and is known to anyone who is serious about the hobby.

In my opinion, too much attention was given to this minor issue, and the threads should be removed, both as out of date and also as irrelevant.
(No I have nothing to do with this company at all)
Sgt_Ric is offline Find More Posts by Sgt_Ric
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:02 PM
United States, FL, Lake Worth
Joined Jul 2013
45 Posts
I agree with Sgt_Ric on this somethings not right with this thread, the company was launched in apirl 2012, but the emails say 2006.
RcDragons is offline Find More Posts by RcDragons
Old Aug 08, 2013, 04:48 PM
United Kingdom, Tal-y-bont
Joined Jan 2013
130 Posts
it was posted in 2006 too.

Oct 23, 2006, 03:30 AM

you or someone as posted on a tread that is old
m111kca is offline Find More Posts by m111kca
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:02 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m111kca View Post
it was posted in 2006 too.

Oct 23, 2006, 03:30 AM

you or someone as posted on a tread that is old
That's why someone "revived" this thread, my first reaction was this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:30 PM
United Kingdom, Tal-y-bont
Joined Jan 2013
130 Posts
the company must of been going before 2012 then.
m111kca is offline Find More Posts by m111kca
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:50 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Or, it's a different company that just coincidentally has the same name.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons