SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
still learning
west Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2007
409 Posts
The movie edit software is just Windows movie maker.
Use the split button top right a lot, right click and delete unwanted parts.
Tools - take picture from preview to capture a frame.
Titles and credits to add title. Right click on title overlay at bottom to edit the title.
yay.
aeroknot is offline Find More Posts by aeroknot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
still learning
west Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2007
409 Posts
flying-llama - Hey, thanks - that's very amusing hahahaha!!!
aeroknot is offline Find More Posts by aeroknot
Old Oct 21, 2008, 08:22 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernaught
Hey Butch, Small world. If you get over here just email me at: steve_henshall@yahoo.com. I'll email you my cell # and we can text and maybe arrange an eyeball. I'm on Pangangan Island on the beach. It's on the west side of Bohol It's about 25Km across from Argao on Cebu island. If you have a map of the Phils our town is Calape. What island is your wife from?

The wing is ready to go now. I'm nervous about the glide tests. I posted about it on the KFm Flying Wing thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post10781741

You ever put floats on a boomer? Here's a pic of my back yard.

Steve.
#1. Your back yard sucks. I hate you!!!!
#2. My wife is from Cebu.
#3. My retirement home was just finished being built. I'll be relocating to Tagaytay, hopefully, within another year or so.
#4. I guess this all means I need to take one of my spare WW and make a boomer out of it.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:10 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
I was at Clark for a while, but that's very decisively gone now...

Dave
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:43 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,579 Posts
Hey, Maybe we can build Boomers on floats!!

I may part-time retire in the Philippines, during the dry season!
I've paid off all the loans and property taxes on a couple hectors on Camiguin Island, (pronounced "Come-Again" ).
Plus we have a feeding program for the poor there, so we are very welcomed there.
Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:17 AM
Onward through the fog.
Bohol Philippines
Joined Aug 2008
1,566 Posts
Hey guys.

Well the glide test showed all the flaws of my building technique. After two "Nose-ins" that can be seen on this page: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...58321&page=135
the wing split in half. This was just the glide test. I'll not bore you with the details. It's covered over on the KFm wing thread.

Funny how so many of us wind up with Filipina girls. Edna is my second one. The first was a member of Satan's immediate family. Long story! Lots of the expats I know here have similar tales to tell.

Boomers on floats sounds good to me, Butch. Has anyone done it yet? All those poor people you're feeding. Are they relatives??

What years did you do time at Clark? Tim. I've been here for almost 10 years now. If it wasn't for Hong Kong hobby shops and a couple of places in Manila you couldn't do RC at all here. Most of the guys here seem to like the Helicopters.

Hey Van, You said:
"#3. My retirement home was just finished being built. I'll be relocating to Tagaytay, hopefully, within another year or so."
I think Tagaytay is near Manila in Luzon. I've been to Lake Taal. I think it's near there if I remember right. Nice area you picked. How many of your wife's relatives are living in your house? Well you can run them off when you get there. Hee Hee... That'll make you popular.

It's a wierd place, PI, but you get used to it. I love it here and apart from not being able to run down to the LHS we manage ok.

New plane on the building board. I'll do this one better. Experience can be expensive can't it? Anyone use bellcranks to do ailerons from one servo anymore??? Not sure if I'll do it as a boomer or just mix in elevons again. When I scratch build I don't know what its going to be like until it's finished.

tkr and remember: "take-offs are optional but landings are mandatory."

Steve.
Cybernaught is offline Find More Posts by Cybernaught
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:10 AM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Quote:
What years did you do time at Clark?
1965. I was just a kid tagging along as a dependent.

Dave
Old Oct 23, 2008, 05:10 PM
Onward through the fog.
Bohol Philippines
Joined Aug 2008
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timocharis
1965. I was just a kid tagging along as a dependent.

Dave
I see you're from San Jose. Me too, but my US residence is in Gilroy now. I went to Horace Cureton Elementary and James Lick High. Class of '62. Grew up on the east side, near Story and White.

Where in San Jose do you fly? I Used to go to a school over on San Thomas Expressway Near 101. Long way to drive but our club met out there most weekends. That was way back. Early 80s I think. Flew 2 meter gliders off a high start and my first electric was a Jr. Challenger with an astro cobalt 035. The good old days!

Steve.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 05:42 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Quote:
I see you're from San Jose. Me too, but my US residence is in Gilroy now. I went to Horace Cureton Elementary and James Lick High. Class of '62. Grew up on the east side, near Story and White.
I didn't get here 'til college at SJSU. Liked it, stayed. Always been somewhere around the Rosegarden area since I got out of school except for a short stint in Paly, which I hated.

Story & White is kinda different these days...
Quote:
Where in San Jose do you fly? I Used to go to a school over on San Thomas Expressway Near 101. Long way to drive but our club met out there most weekends.
At the old school? I forget the name. Nowadays I go mostly to Sunnyvale Baylands and every now and then to Rancho San Antonio. Both are pretty good but (and I like this) electric only. Of course there's Tomcats down your (US residence) way.

Dave
Old Oct 23, 2008, 09:58 PM
Onward through the fog.
Bohol Philippines
Joined Aug 2008
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timocharis
I didn't get here 'til college at SJSU. Liked it, stayed. Always been somewhere around the Rosegarden area since I got out of school except for a short stint in Paly, which I hated.

Story & White is kinda different these days...At the old school? I forget the name. Nowadays I go mostly to Sunnyvale Baylands and every now and then to Rancho San Antonio. Both are pretty good but (and I like this) electric only. Of course there's Tomcats down your (US residence) way.

Dave
Flew at the Tomcats place just south of IBM a few miles, just off Monterey Highway near Coyote. They are (Or were at that time) mostly gas powered. There's an F3B group up in the hills a few miles from there too. Don't remember the club name though. Their logo was a sketch of a glider in flight with a single cloud behind it. I used to prefer the slower electric gliders. A high start is just too much trouble and you need room. Now I'm open to anything pretty much. I've heard of Ranch San Antonio.

Steve.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:50 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,579 Posts
I took the MicroBoomer out in some calm weather. I reduced the elevator throw and added a tiny bit of reflex to the ailerons. It helped a little but not enough.
I'll increase the horizontal stab and decrease the elevator for my next change. Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:04 PM
Joined Sep 2000
125 Posts
Hey guys have you tried slapping on an EDF motor unit to the WWboomer? Butch any suggestions on what EDF unit would be perfect for one of the boomers you sent me, I would like to make an EDF version of it just for fun
They have great deals here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7888
but which one, I have no experience with EDF units at all...

Thanks,

Jasper
jasper135 is offline Find More Posts by jasper135
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:58 PM
Joined Oct 2008
44 Posts
Hello, Everybody!

Edited my reply here, I was new to forums when I posted, I feel my reply was not in correct thread.

Rcfeind,

Yes, RCfiend was taken, I believe He is an rc Car Enthusiast.
rcfeind is offline Find More Posts by rcfeind
Last edited by rcfeind; Nov 07, 2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old Oct 30, 2008, 03:43 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
I guess rcfiend was taken?

Dave
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfeind
My name is rcfeind,

I have many electric Parkflyer music videos from slow flying to 3d & Aerobatics to a slow stick aerial music video. Also a repair vid.

My thread here on this forum under Electric Airplane Talk. you can go there or click on this link that will take you there.

Under : RC Groups > Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes > Electric Plane Talk

Or click:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945556

RCFEIND
So you have videos of boomers? This is the boomers thread so I assume that is what your videos contain?
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member