SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
1 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Zone Super Cub RTF

I was just curious to your thoughts on the Super Cub RTF craft. I am very new to flying. I also noticed that the plane has ACT (Anti Crash Technology) Is anybody familiar with this plane and would it be a good purchase for a first timer.

Thanks for your time
New Wings
New Wings is offline Find More Posts by New Wings
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:43 PM
Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
The Super Cub from Hobbyzone was my first plane ever. I would whole-heartedly recommend the plane to every newbie. As for the ACT...I never used it. I don't think it's needed as long as you remember one thing.....small and smooth inputs. Nice and easy with with your thumbs is the key to success.

As for me, I started out on a very calm day, pushed the throttle to full, and gave the Super Cub a nice level toss. Up, Up and away.

The plane is very forgiving. Hands off it will right itself in short order. Just make short you give yourself enough "oops" room.

$159 for the RTF and an extra battery is one heck of a deal.
Culpable is offline Find More Posts by Culpable
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:20 PM
Crash Master
Joined Oct 2006
3 Posts
Me and a Friend both got Super Cubs as our first planes just about a month ago...With in 2 weeks we wiped out all the lhs's out of spare parts...lol The problem I ran into is busting props when I crash. It uses a 8x10 prop but they were out and I tried another size and found that I can't get the altitude as before. So much for experimenting...Anyways, the cub is a great plane and I since moved onto a Styker B. Not brave enough for the C yet.

I want to know if there's a way to take my Super Cub guts and put them on a Styker body? I know there has to be some kind of change up with the servos I don't know if it's possible or not with the stuff from the Cub or not...
Captain Carny is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carny