Joined Sep 2006
546 Posts
Discussion
Still working on AV, NEW VIDEO

Ken's Crib (5 min 6 sec)
Front View

Ken's Crib 2 (3 min 0 sec)
Rear View

I added some extra Photos at the front and rear of the videos just for the fun of it. Enjoy, I hope you like them. Youtube compression ruined them both I think.

Check out the altitude on the front view, thats great for me! How high do you think I'm up? I have no Idea.
tysons is offline Find More Posts by tysons
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:45 PM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Your videos have dramatically improved, Tysons. Nice work!

I like the rear view for myself, it seems to be easier to line things up and no prop in the way.

Another thing to do while shooting video, which is hard.....instead of going in a constant circle, try a new pattern. Possibly go straight as far as your comfortable with make a gentle right or left turn then go as straight as your comfotable with..and so on...

when the wings are level and your going slow to medium speed is best. Just my thoughts and I am not even that good at it, but pratice makes perfect.

Way to go with experimenting the different views!

Dave
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Old Oct 22, 2006, 03:26 PM
Firefighter
Newark, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
546 Posts
Thank you Dave, I had smoke in my eye. So I was kind of crying while flying! I almost didn't get it back at one point. I chose my spot to stand because of the sun in my eyes. Little did I know that the smoke would be worse than the sun. I need to start wearing a hat when I fly to keep the sun out of my eyes. My wife asks me why I always fly in circles, left turn circles. It's too hard to explane to her about the trust of the motor so I just tell her I don't! I shot a video 2 days ago that I did not post, the wind was calm and it was a great flight. I did try different patterns of flight then. My next step is too try going out more, I still am a little nervous about far off flights. The guy at the hobby shop keeps reminding me that "Slow Sticks are Park Flyers" not made for high alt. flight. I say BS, I have seen you guys push the limits with all kinds of planes. I will soon as I learn to fly beter.
If you had to guess how high up do you think I went.....
Last edited by tysons; Oct 22, 2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:20 PM
Stratham, NH USA
Joined Jan 2001
55 Posts
Nina Simone Rocks!

Nice video

Ensignnolo
Ensignnolo is offline Find More Posts by Ensignnolo
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Firefighter
Newark, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
546 Posts
St Rt 16 East of Newark (4 min 41 sec)
Here is another video with Rigt and Left hand turns.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,357 Posts
You are definitely getting better. Keep it up!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:53 PM
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysons
If you had to guess how high up do you think I went.....
just a pot shot...I'd say 750-800 ft tops...??? hard to tell with an oblique view, but on a couple occasions you pointed towards the white house (aka Kens Crib)

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSjPlmwy5Do Here is another video with Rigt and Left hand turns.
good pattern! good tune too. If you could make your turns a little gentler and maybe chop your speed by 1/3-1/2 if possible (remember to keep the wings as level as possible). I take it that camera likes bright days, is this the same one that took a bath a few weeks back?

try again on a calm sunny day and show us your results. You have made alot of improvement IMHO.

Dave
Last edited by aviatordave; Oct 22, 2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:28 PM
Firefighter
Newark, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
546 Posts
Ya it's my water camera. It really likes the light. In dark settings and for still shots it is worthless. I have a Pentax S4 comeing I bought off of ebay, I am hoping it will be here this week.

I am a rock fan but you can't beat the old gold country music!
Last edited by tysons; Oct 22, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:31 PM
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Ya it's my water camera. It really likes the light. In dark settings and for still shots it is worthless. I have a Pentax S4 comeing I bought off of ebay, I am hoping it will be here this week.
Sounds good. Get the prism switch..as you can turn video on and off with it besides taking pictures. no moving parts and its about 25 bucks..or 12 gallons of gas...lol

Dave
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:29 AM
Back in black............
dodd city tx
Joined Sep 2005
2,059 Posts
tyson love the videos the rear view was great. I think you where beter off with the smoke the sun really makes lose it. funny you make left turns and i make right turns wournder why some one favor's one over the other.
cars4fun2001 is offline Find More Posts by cars4fun2001