Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:47 AM
Joined Oct 2006
2 Posts
Help!
Looking for the old Airtronics Grand Esprit

If anyony out there knows where I can get the old Airtronics Grand Esprit kit at a reasonable price, I am trying to locate the kit to give to my father for Christmas. I have looked all over the internet and have not been able to locate one that is still in a kit form.

If anyone has one for sale and/or knows where I could obtain one, please feel free to contact me at jatbdp@earthlink.net as I will get the message faster due to being inexperienced with using blogs.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jennifer
Daddy's Girl is offline Find More Posts by Daddy's Girl
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:17 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
That's a tough one...

Hi Jennifer,

unfortunately, not only has the Grand Esprit been out of production for many years, it is also one of the most sought after Airtronics kits. I have 3 suggestions for you. First, please post a "wanted" thread in the Sailplanes for Sale forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Second, there is a new RC airplane outfit that has bought the manufacturing rights to many Airtronics kits including the Grand Esprit and will be manufacturing this kit once again, the problem is you may not get one for Christmas this year. I would recommend that you go to their website and signup for their newsletter to keep updated. Also, send them an email inquiring specifically about the Grand Esprit.

http://www.aerosphereonline.com/index.htm

Third, do a search on good ole Ebay for "Grand Esprit" I've seen them now and then. The price varies but is typically in the $300 - $400 range.

Good luck to you and I hope you are successful in finding one of the these rare and wonderful kits. Your dad must be a very special man for you to attempt to acquire for him such a unique gift!

Regards,

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:19 AM
Poker Chess and Flying
San Francisco
Joined Feb 2009
42 Posts
I got a brand new grand esprit kit in box i will sell. pm me
chessmonster is offline Find More Posts by chessmonster
Old Mar 20, 2009, 07:19 AM
Puyallup, WA
Joined Nov 2001
1,590 Posts
Doubletap , Daddy's Girl

One running on E-bay right now, but the price is really out there. Last check it sold for $610.00. I find that really pricey. BUt that is the nature of E-bay.

chessmonster,
What a gentleman. Glad to see someone step up and help the lady out. If I had the kit, I would have have done the same thing. It is really great to see those who can helps others. There is probably more meaning there then we can see.
Wonderful gesture.
tinkrerpilot is offline Find More Posts by tinkrerpilot
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:45 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,598 Posts
I don't know if you guys noticed the date on the original post but it's 2 1/2 years old. I hope she found one by now, but it's good to know that there are still a few kits out there and people willing to share.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Apr 04, 2009, 03:00 PM
Mmmm...balsa dust!
Casa Grande, AZ
Joined Jan 2005
176 Posts
A few days ago a Grand Esprit kit sold on Ebay for slightly over $500. I sure wish I'd kept the two I bought when they sold off the last of the production in 1980 for $75 per kit.

The Grand Esprit is IMHO the best balsa kit ever made. Amazing craftsmanship and precision in the parts, especially the wing ribs.

Doug
vintagemxr is offline Find More Posts by vintagemxr