HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:19 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5,416 Posts
Discussion
Are the Walkera Heli's really that bad?

I though I would give one of the contral rotating Walkera helis a shot, was looking at the HM 053 and the HM 5 #8.

Any real world opinions out there about these helicopters.

thanks,

LouieB
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:25 AM
Hey, I can hover ^_^
London, U.K
Joined Jul 2006
361 Posts
you can search on forum for walkera 10. #53 is improved version of #10. Its design is cool.

5-8 is new version metal rotor, it looks good but I really don't like the color, it's too colourful. Why don't they just use one color?
tungnguyen is offline Find More Posts by tungnguyen
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:35 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5,416 Posts
tungnguyen ...

How are they for reliabliability and out of the box flyable? What is the story on parts, are they expensive and difficult to get. No one in my area sells anything make by Walkera so I will be limited to mail order. Who are the net retailers that carry the walkera brand ?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
i have the 5-4(100% the same as the pegasus) and the 5-5. they are both very good helis. why buy something like a blade cx? the walkeras are cheaper and are just as stable if not more so than the expensive helis. i can fine tune either of them so much that i can set my transmiter down and they will sit in one spot......so walkera cx helis are good but their single rotors are crap.
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
The No. 60 and the No. 53 are good helicopters. I especially like the No. 60 a lot with the brushless motor setup - picture. The weak point of the No. 60 is the mainblades, it will be seriously damaged even you have a little crash to the ground.
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hey, I can hover ^_^
London, U.K
Joined Jul 2006
361 Posts
yeah because its blades are foam so it's easy to be damaged. You need to upgrade to wooden or carbon fiber blades.

I love the #53, I'll buy one this xmas. I've ordered 3 #5-5B. When they arrive (probably next week) I'll let you know how they fly
tungnguyen is offline Find More Posts by tungnguyen
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
#53 on sale here:
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=3780
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:53 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,416 Posts
Thanks everyone for responding ... I will need to decide which of the two I will get, meanwhile if someone knows of a U.S. dealer please let me know.

thanks
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:16 PM
Joined Oct 2006
14 Posts
Has anyone gived the walkera 5#3 apache a try?? if so what can you tell me about them, I have two of them but I am just practicing with training kit to avoid crashing during the setup process
sergioarb is offline Find More Posts by sergioarb
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:32 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
I bought a collective pitch Walkera as my first helicopter. I cannot honestly say the Walkera CPs are bad helicopters due to my limited experience flying them. I didn't understand how difficult it is to fly a fixed pitch helicopter, nor did I have the experience to recognize mechanical problems in time to prevent a crash, so I crashed it twice. I gained a bit of confidence flying and repairing my twin blade helicopter and decided I could learn how to fix my 22e. The problem is that there isn't a lot of support for my particular helicopter in my area. Not even on the internet. I need forums in order to learn about repairs, upgrades, and weaknesses from expert Walkera 22e pilots. It would also be nice to have convenient access to inexpensive parts. My advice is to purchase the recommended rig for your money from your local hobby store.If you can save a significant amount of money by purchasing over the net at least make sure it's a helicopter that you can learn about completely through discussion forums, and price the availability and cost of parts before buying.
Helivadude is offline Find More Posts by Helivadude