SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2002, 01:15 PM
Male Member
Waltham, MA - USA
Joined Jul 2002
139 Posts
Who'd I see flying in VT on rt. 91 N. bound side across from Pepsi?

Hey,
Just curious...
Sat. 8/17 was on my way up to Ludlow, VT to do some flying myself.
On 91 north, across from Pepsi Cola plant, glanced to my right and saw some little yellow plane (Tiger Moth?) buzzing around.
Wondering if it's anyone who reads these groups.
Sure are a lot of great big open fields in VT.
An RC flier's paradise.
My Terry still found a tree to hit though
Hoping to get my Wingo outfitted for a camera before Winter, and head back up to take some aerial photos of the gorgeous Okemo Mtn. area.
DennisG is offline Find More Posts by DennisG
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2002, 01:39 PM
We got planes to build
Dallas, TX
Joined Sep 2001
521 Posts
Sounds like you were right in North Brattleboro just past exit #3. I grew up in that area. Now I live in the real windy city of Plano, TX.

My Dad still flys gassers around there, but not near where you decribed.

Dave
dmiller is offline Find More Posts by dmiller
Old Aug 27, 2002, 01:50 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dmiller
Sounds like you were right in North Brattleboro just past exit #3. I grew up in that area. Now I live in the real windy city of Plano, TX.

Dave
Dave, are you going to the Thunderbirds event this Saturday, DEAF has been invited and I'm sure other electrics will be there.

I live in Plano and fly at Renner and 190. Have I seen you out there?

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Aug 27, 2002, 04:02 PM
We got planes to build
Dallas, TX
Joined Sep 2001
521 Posts
Kelvin,

I don't think I am going to make the Thunderbird event, but I do fly at Renner and 190. I was there last night as a matter of fact with my Speedy and Twinstar. Been so windy I hadn't been down there in a couple of weeks though.

I usually try to introduce myself. I was there about a month or so ago on a Sunday afternoon, and crashed my Twinstar in the street after losing one of those damn push on props. Broke the fuselage right in half.

What days do you usually fly?

Dave
dmiller is offline Find More Posts by dmiller