SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
Joined Sep 2006
18 Posts
Discussion
Blade CX lower rotor head screws won't thread

I have'nt been able to start the machined screws into the unthreaded Lower Rotor Head, on the Blade CX I have.

Any tips would be apreciated.

Dave
theblade is offline Find More Posts by theblade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:40 PM
Everyone crashes sometime
Orlando, FL and Washington D.C.
Joined May 2006
1,427 Posts
Patience, young grasshopper. Patience and more patience. And a maybe 7x or 10x OptiVisor and maybe even a tap to start some threads in the plastic. It is also better and more easily accessible to start those screws with the piece not mounted.

I know this is not a lot of help but for this job there is not a lot one can advise.

Patience, young grasshopper and new Jedi knight.
quickster47 is offline Find More Posts by quickster47
Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2006
18 Posts
The first thing I did was try getting the screws started on the shaft. I took it off after reading this.
A magnfier with a light made it a lot easier.

Thanks.

Dave
theblade is offline Find More Posts by theblade