HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:08 PM
Joined Oct 2006
61 Posts
Well rapghsi, you said bidproduct (your suppliers) doesn't seem reliable, but now your lies came out, and we found you as unreliable user, and of course "salesman".
Darkpro11 is offline Find More Posts by Darkpro11
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:21 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpro11
Well rapghsi, you said bidproduct (your suppliers) doesn't seem reliable, but now your lies came out, and we found you as unreliable user, and of course "salesman".
I ordered mine to check out as a product to add to my web site, but I don't do business with unethical people.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:45 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
I hope I can cancel my order. I hope he doesn't steal my ID. I think I will call my credit card company right now.
RCA
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Nov 05, 2006, 03:15 AM
-(-<
London UK
Joined Dec 2005
394 Posts
Shame if it is true.

The modelling world is quite small, users exchange a lot of information,
trying to mislead people is not a wise marketing strategy.

Open and upfront trade people get a lot of kudos from getting customer feedback
on rc groups, as many other brands show every day.

Rapghsi, you need to be totally open if you want to stay a user here.
Mister UHU is offline Find More Posts by Mister UHU
Old Nov 15, 2006, 03:33 AM
Electric Hippy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2005
2,360 Posts
Got my 4.5g servos from bidproduct.com.

First impressions are good. No slop around centre and the two that tested were smooth and centred well. I will give all four a workout this weekend.
Eagleburger is offline Find More Posts by Eagleburger
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:28 AM
Joined Oct 2006
61 Posts
Eagleburger, RCAV8R13, you both got 4.5 servos from two different sites.
Why don't you post a picture of your product + its envelope and packing?

Then we'll be able to see the justification of buying from X instead of Y.
(I am not posting the names of the websites, for not being accused of "excessive advertising").

Then, after we'll see the comparison, we would like to know why do we pay more $$$ in X website than Y website, for the same product.

Eagleburger, RCAV8R13, awating your comments.
Darkpro11 is offline Find More Posts by Darkpro11
Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:58 PM
Michigan
Joined Sep 2002
4 Posts
I received ten 4.5 servos from remote-hobbies.com. Last year I tested almost every servo made under 9 grams. The main criteria were centering and resolution. The best servo I tested last year was the Futaba 3110. Currently the new E Flite S-60 is the best. It has near perfect centering and great resolution. The remote-hobbies 4.5 servos are near the worst. They resolve only about 20 steps over 90 degrees and the do not repeat a left and then right center within 4 degrees. I tested three different 4.5's and all the results were the same. They are not nearly precise enough for any serious indoor flying.

Larry
LARMARK is offline Find More Posts by LARMARK
Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARMARK
I received ten 4.5 servos from remote-hobbies.com. Last year I tested almost every servo made under 9 grams. The main criteria were centering and resolution. The best servo I tested last year was the Futaba 3110. Currently the new E Flite S-60 is the best. It has near perfect centering and great resolution. The remote-hobbies 4.5 servos are near the worst. They resolve only about 20 steps over 90 degrees and the do not repeat a left and then right center within 4 degrees. I tested three different 4.5's and all the results were the same. They are not nearly precise enough for any serious indoor flying.

Larry
"Almost every servo made under 9g" is a hell of a lot of servos which makes that a serious claim. Did you test several of each servo? Were the servos submitted for testing or did you purchase them? I'm a little sceptical given that this is your first post on RC-Groups, your comments are pretty specific and you're making them in a thread where someone has already misrepresented himself. I hope that's completely of the mark and I hope you won't take any offence if it is.
Are the results of all your testing available for us to see? It would be a very useful resource if you could share it. I'd certainly like to see independent test results for all the potential servos side by side.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:50 PM
Plays with Toys
Port Fairy, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
1,972 Posts
Hi Larry,

strange you have been a lurker for 4 years before your first post The servos sound like the clunky ones that come with the stock Reach Whirlwind fine for fun stuff and but for a little more you can buy a lot better.

I am looking forward to the Eflite S60's being available in Australia soon if they are as good as the S75's they will do me nicely. Until then I have been playing with some Waypoint WA60BB's on the bench and they seem fairly good as well (much better than the WA038's).

Now you have started posting keep going

Tim
tim_mellor is offline Find More Posts by tim_mellor
Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:24 PM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
I'm considering getting a few Waypoint WA60BBs myself. The SD100s (aka Diamond 4.7) are great but quite expensive. The Waypoints sound pretty good and are significantly cheaper.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 08:05 PM
Plays with Toys
Port Fairy, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
1,972 Posts
Hi Aiden,

I havn't loaded them up yet I only go them in the shop a couple of days ago. I will drop a bit of load on them and see how they handle it. Same sort of torture test I put the 038's under should do it. I also got some of the WA084MG which are for a metal gear are rock solid so I am going to drop a pair into a Sokol for "testing"

Tim
tim_mellor is offline Find More Posts by tim_mellor
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:19 AM
Monroe, Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
1,638 Posts
Hey all,

I was with Larry this past weekend to witness the servo tests. Larry is the guy who helped build all my ETOC and Efest Bipes last year and the one we do all our indoor flying with. Like he said he test about every servo out there under 9grams. I was there to witness all of these.

Andrew Jesky
Andrew Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:38 AM
Michigan
Joined Sep 2002
4 Posts
I have no bias in my post. I tested the following servos: Futaba 3110, HS 55, Futaba 3108, Airtronics 94091, Eflight 75, Saturn 4.4, HS-50, GWS Pico,
GWS Naro, Interflight 4.3, JR241, FMA PS 20, Saturn 5.4, Bluebird 303, Cirrus CS 101, Eflight S-60 and Waypoint 60. As I stated that covers most of the popular servos. My test was only for centering and resolution. I used a 36" long light 1/4" square balsa stick glued on the servo arm as a pointer. It was very easy to measure the centering and resolution. It was also easy to see how many steps each servo could resolve. It was interesting to see how many "clicks" of trim you could move before many of the servos would move. I tested at least two examples of every servo. This was done for my own use because I was building and flying contest indoor aircarft and I was very unhappy with the servos we were using. You can use my recommendations or not. BTW, the testing translated well into better flight characteristics. If you doubt my results send me your address and I will send two of the servos for you to make youir own judgement. They are of no use to me. Back to lurking!
LARMARK is offline Find More Posts by LARMARK
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Thanks for the follow up Larry. I really wasn't making any accusations I just thought a challenge seemed prudent given the history of this thread!
That's an impressive list of servos but I'm not sure I'd call it "almost every" sub 9g servo. .
A notable omission is the Dymond 4.7 (also sold as the Ripmax SD100) which is a popular indoor servo for competition flyers in Europe and seems to have a reputation for good centering and resolution.

Would you be willing to share your data for the servos you tested? I'd be particularly interested in comparing the figures you got for the Waypoint 60, HS-50 and GWS servos.

Thanks,

Aidan
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:50 AM
Great RC Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
Larry, thanks for the information, i have jest updated remote-hobbies site, and added some real information about this servo.
i am sorry for posting unreliable information about those servos, i will test remote-hobbies products better next time.

idan.
rapghsi is offline Find More Posts by rapghsi
Site Sponsor