SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:35 PM
Great RC Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
Dont be so sure, i can see from the images its not the same board, and gear configuratiosn, and the servo is faster (0.1sec to 60deg).
also the connector wires and the wires inside the servo looks stiffer and diffrent.
7$ for one servo worth the chance, i am very satisfied from my order!.
i will order a li-po battery and a brushed motor and esc and resiver and tell you how well they work.
rapghsi is offline Find More Posts by rapghsi
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:34 PM
Plays with Toys
Port Fairy, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
1,972 Posts
Sounds like they are worth considering. Without some real use of new things people tend to get stuck in a rut and accept what they already have in use. Looking forward to see how a few of you get on with the real world testing and how they are going after a few months.

Tim
tim_mellor is offline Find More Posts by tim_mellor
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:22 AM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
They claim the torque is .7kg. I presume that is .7kg per cm. My calculations put that 9.6oz in. They even claim that they are weak, I agree. They recommend using two servos for ailerons.
RCA
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:10 PM
Great RC Pilot
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
so on, they still work very well with no changes.
they center good and i dont need to change my current senter.
i have flight them about 5 times already.
i have to say that to mount them on the plane was the easyest thing i have ever did.
i mounted them on my plane with pulpul wires.
i hope they will still work in the next few months, if they will do me a problems i will post about it, but i think there will be no problem, they came in a very good quality.
i did very nice deal, i have bught my hs55 for 20 buks each, i could buy three of those 4.5 gr servos for about the same price! i wish i saw the 4.5gr servos before i bught my hs55,they would save me alot!.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
Interesting, their site is down.
RCA
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:40 AM
Great RC Pilot
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
the site is down? no its not i jest cheeked
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:33 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
works fine for me too
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:20 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8R13
They claim the torque is .7kg. I presume that is .7kg per cm. My calculations put that 9.6oz in. They even claim that they are weak, I agree. They recommend using two servos for ailerons.
Yes they must mean 0.7kgcm although technically that's wrong too!
Just to be picky!
The correct standard metric unit would be newton metres (Nm) or you could use newton centimetres (Ncm). A kilogram is a unit of mass (not weight although often used as though it were, and certainly not a unit of force) so it doesn't actually mean anything as a force. Many of the small ~5g servos are around that spec. I think the critical issues will be precision, centering and holding force rather than torque for most F3P uses.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:03 AM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1
Yes they must mean 0.7kgcm although technically that's wrong too!
Just to be picky!
The correct standard metric unit would be newton metres (Nm) or you could use newton centimetres (Ncm). A kilogram is a unit of mass (not weight although often used as though it were, and certainly not a unit of force) so it doesn't actually mean anything as a force. Many of the small ~5g servos are around that spec. I think the critical issues will be precision, centering and holding force rather than torque for most F3P uses.

Aidan
I totaly agree with all of that.
RCA
BTW, I just clicked on the and it is still not working for me, worked yesterday, but not today.
OK now it's working.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,945 Posts
Thanks for the info rapghsi. It will be interesting to see your long term results. I've spent too much money looking for a light weight small servo that actually does what it claims. I'm looking forward to more infor from you on how these servos are working for you.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:43 AM
Great RC Pilot
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
i will make a video so you all see the servos in action.
right now i am busy with school so when i will find time i will make a video.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Thanks for the info rapghsi. It will be interesting to see your long term results. I've spent too much money looking for a light weight small servo that actually does what it claims. I'm looking forward to more infor from you on how these servos are working for you...
The Ripmax SD100 / Dymond 4.7 servo seems to be the only sub 5g servo that's I've heard no complaints about. It is a little pricier than many of the others but seems to do the job. I've noticed it's also the only sub 5g servo that appears with any regularity on Jurgen's lists of competition setups. If I remember correctly most use Hitec HS-50, 6g Waypoints, etc...
I've got a few myself but haven't given them much use yet. They certainly seem to center better and are smoother than other ~4.5g servos I've used.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:24 PM
Great RC Pilot
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
i did some videos testing the servos(not in flight yet)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587987
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
Great RC Pilot
Joined May 2006
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1
The Ripmax SD100 / Dymond 4.7 servo seems to be the only sub 5g servo that's I've heard no complaints about. It is a little pricier than many of the others but seems to do the job. I've noticed it's also the only sub 5g servo that appears with any regularity on Jurgen's lists of competition setups. If I remember correctly most use Hitec HS-50, 6g Waypoints, etc...
I've got a few myself but haven't given them much use yet. They certainly seem to center better and are smoother than other ~4.5g servos I've used.

Aidan
actualy i have heard tons of problem with the centering of 4.7... here is some link i have saw:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=575665&pp=15
look on the replays... lots of problem the 4.7 servo does.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2002
23 Posts
I went to the hobby show in Chicago last weekend and saw the HS-35HD at the Hitec booth. It still isn't ready for shipping yet, but they said it will be in something like three months. This is a picture from their newest 2007 catalog. The servo was only stuck to a display board and wasn't working, so it remains to be seen if it will do as promised.
no one is offline Find More Posts by no one