HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2002, 05:11 PM
Granada, España
Joined Apr 2002
68 Posts
Need plan or good 3-view of Vickers Wellesley

I would like to try to do a F3 Vickers Wellesley slow/park flyer that will run on a DXA.

I'd go up to a 280 but I made the mistake of ordering my 280s from Todd's models and they didn't come with any connectors at all. The connectors (Wattage motor Male) I need cost $2 a piece at HobbyPeople! I'm still trying to find somewhere to buy them in at least a 5 pack. Next time I'll buy from AeroMicro.

Does anyone have an old plan they could share, post, e-mail me??

If nothing else I'd even take a good 3-view.
The Wanderer is offline Find More Posts by The Wanderer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2002, 05:14 PM
Granada, España
Joined Apr 2002
68 Posts
Here's some more info on the Wellesley

The Vickers Wellesley was the first of the Vickers designs to employ the unique geodetic construction of famed designer, Barnes Wallis. Originally submitted against a biplane requirement for a light bomber, the Wellesley was a two-seat, low wing monoplane design. Unusually, the payload was intended to be carried in underwing panniers to preserve the integrity of the fuselage construction. The Wellesley was a successful pre-war design and the type was used by the RAF's Long Range Development Flight in setting a 1938 world long distance record flying from Egypt to Australia. By the outbreak of World War II, Wellesley's had been replaced in RAF's Bomber Command by twin-engined bombers such as Hampdens, Whitleys and Wellingtons. Largely obsolete by the start of hostilities, Wellesleys played a small but important part in the Middle East and North Africa campaigns along with various other pre-war designs. Canadian crews had some experience with the Vickers Wellesley while attached to RAF squadrons.
The Wanderer is offline Find More Posts by The Wanderer
Old Aug 26, 2002, 06:45 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,731 Posts
Yours isn't here, but a 100's other are.

http://members.fortunecity.com/inedesca/

hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 14, 2006, 07:29 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
Here's a beauty I've wanted to do for a Long time ....Would make a super parkflyer with those long wings and moments and radial/cd motor .... sorta' gliderlike ... so we're back to looking for a 3 view ..... Anybody ????
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jan 14, 2006, 07:45 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
OOPS!!! Look what I found!!! Can't post here .... Go to Google ...images ... enter Vw and 3 view comes UP .... OK !!! lets build !!!

http://www.airpages.ru/cgi-bin/epg2.pl?page=drawwelle

Looks like a job for the Universal Fuselage ... at about 20" , that puts the VW ws at around 40 " ...Perfect !!!
Last edited by gpw; Jan 14, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Whoa that is so Ugly its beautiful and a nice huge wingspan ..should make a nice FFF model ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:40 AM
Beaverdam Creek, VA
Joined Aug 2005
2,322 Posts
Here ya go...

Good Luck!
BeavrdamElectric is offline Find More Posts by BeavrdamElectric
Old Jan 15, 2006, 02:18 PM
Three Mile Pilot
Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2005
126 Posts
Here is a good view http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/wellesley.html
there are a ton of these at http://www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html
thats where I found a good view of the SB2C Helldiver that I started last night

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465275
kernelsandirs is offline Find More Posts by kernelsandirs
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:23 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
VRoy , only you could do it justice in scale .... I was kinda' thinking about a simple profile /crutch kinda' fuselage with a formed FFF cowl and an outrunner .... UC FFF wings just a gliderlike Parkflyer ... or the cheater UF and some scale compromises .... Just FUN stuff
Beav... Thanks for the old plans .... I've studied Walt's plans since I was a kid (some time ago ) and he made plans for just about anything and everything ....and He was most influential in sparking my design career...which has lasted some 40+years ...Thanks Walt ...!!!!!wherever you are ...in New Jersey......
Old Jan 19, 2006, 08:06 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
No Takers , yet ??? This should be a SUPER Parkflyer ... at about 40 "... nice plastic bottle cowl ...cd motor .... What a Floater!!!! Since this BlowUP is a bit too complicated for my pencil and paper method (lots of time in the details ) some software guru needs to do this with a few keystrokes ... Ahem!!!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Come On Glenn .. this thing begs to be done on pencil and paper .. Thats how my goose started out ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
Vyce , only YOU could do justice in FULL FOAM to a plane as Unique as this .... It's such an oddity ... SEB, radial cowling , those distant cockpits , and those looooong wings .... It just HAS to be a super flyer .... all my humble efforts have only produced the likes of several profile (or silly) models ...no serious scale efforts as thee
We have been a little busy here... with the recovery , or the attempted recovery .... still grimmmm! No time for involved artwork , plus that's what that new software is for .... bing , bang, boom ... enlarged 3 views..... tiled , yet !!!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:41 PM
Naturally altered
Joined Feb 2005
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavrdamElectric
Here ya go...

Good Luck!
That's a beautiful plan.. can you repost a gif, but archived into a ZIP file? There was quite a bit of quality lost upon upload.
Cubber is offline Find More Posts by Cubber
Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:08 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,067 Posts
I still think this would make a Super Parkflyer.... Drat !!! You guys are gonna' make me draw this thing .... by hand ... hours , I could have spent flying .... maybe for all this work we should just SELL the plans , eh ??? Then I could afford some 3 cell batteries...