HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
Millis, MA
Joined Jan 2005
322 Posts
Discussion
Great Planes Yak 54 Engine Set-up

Hello Everyone,

In the past, I have been asked a few questions regarding my DA-50 installation on my Great Planes Yak 54. Below, you will see a few pictures regarding this.

The most direct linkage installation is always the best. In this case, I used a titanium pro-link as the throttle pushrod with ball-links at both ends (both the servo arm and throttle arm). Regardless of your set-up, always make sure the pushrod can move freely with no binding whatsoever.

Also, some people prefer to use a servo for the Choke. I do not; personally, it is just extra weight that is not needed. On this model, the cowling is large enough that you can actually reach the choke manually.

Best Regards,
JPG
John Glezellis is online now Find More Posts by John Glezellis
to remove ads between posts