HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2006, 12:38 AM
Joined Oct 2006
112 Posts
Discussion
Slow stick now Ultra Slow Stick :)

I have been messing with my slowstick the other day... Wanting to make it go faster, look cooler, fly longer, etc etc (you know what I mean). Here are the ingridients for my latest mod:

Power system:

1). GWS 2215/12T Brushless motor
2). Castle Creations 25amp speed controller
3). GWS 9x4.7 prop
4). Thunder power 4Cell lipo battery.

Stats from the above -
9500 RPM
200 Watts
13 Amps

New wing:

HobbyZone HBZ7120 ($18 paid to the local hobby shop, found it totally by accident).
Ailerons on the wing are from UltraStick 25e (I happened to crash on the other day, breaking the wing in half, but leaving ailerons intact).

I used a channel mixer to mix in channel 6 from my radio and allow ailerons to be used as flaps, or spoilers..

The Flying:
(here are some video clips: http://umundo.com/user/n93%40hexlet.com)

The model has no problems climbing at half throttle. Can do almost verical take offs. Making turns with the ailerons is incredibly effective. It can fly level pretty much hands off. Turning motor off allows the model to start gradual descent without stalling or diving. In no-wind conditions, you set a course and go... it flies as if on rails.

Pics are attached.

-Magnito

PS. gallery of pics can be found here: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ja...tick015hc7.jpg
magnito is offline Find More Posts by magnito
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:06 AM
WAA pilot #21
Princeton NJ
Joined Dec 2003
3,166 Posts
Whats up with the AA batteries on the nose? Is that for balance? If so, just slide the wing back a little instead.
Vanning is offline Find More Posts by Vanning
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
Joined Oct 2006
112 Posts
aa batteries for balance

I tried that before, having wing closer to the nose or having CG close to the front seem to make the plane more stable in the air.
magnito is offline Find More Posts by magnito