HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:34 PM
glue can fix anything
USA, GA, Stockbridge
Joined Mar 2006
174 Posts
Build Log
E flite Mini Pulse XT

I put some notes with the pictures. So far not bad. The broken windscrean is a bummer. The spinner does not bother me, mostly because the color is so far off that it's quite ugly next to the plane. I do not expect the advertised 4 hours to go flying to be truthful. This is my first wood plane, Nothing but foam and hot glue up to now. So there is a learning curve involved. I installed an apc 10x7 SF prop. it is pulling 20.3 amps WOT with 12.3 Volts. on the park 450 outrunner.
mjljr is offline Find More Posts by mjljr
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:42 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
There are also threads in Sport Planes and 3D for this plane. Looks nice, I may have to buy one
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Oct 17, 2006, 05:23 PM
Fly it like Ya mean it!
Laguna Beach
Joined Jul 2006
112 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! Looks great!
Evo 78 is offline Find More Posts by Evo 78
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:25 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,859 Posts
I was starting to think I was getting spinner dyslexia. Sorry you're having trouble, but I'm glad it isn't just me.

Wheel pants are a pain no matter what. They are difficult to get right and they almost never seem to hold up. They sure look good though.

Outside of those two areas, it's a terriffic little plane.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:29 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
I just seen this in the Horizion book... BAD A@@

I will have to replace my UltraStick mini when it crashes.. LOL

LATER and good luck
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:31 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,668 Posts
I dunno if they will work on or not, but I know 3D hobby shop had some carbon fiber ones of the Mini Katana....you could paint them(since they are black). For what it's worth, this is how I installed the wheel pants and really had no trouble--more like got lucky... My last plane(Hyperion Cap 232) had gone with out them--till these. Now I have another set on order for the Mini Pulse.

Here's how I did it....

First, I installed the wheels with the bolt(axle) nut and washers.

Then, stuck the assembly into the wheel pant.

Then threaded the bolt into the landing gear strut.

I used a 1/4 inch nut driver to twist on the nut. Once the nut was started, I just used a small pair of needle nose pliers..and reached into the pant and hold the other end of the axle from twisting.

Then tightened the lock nut till it was tight.

Adjust the wheel pant to the right/correct angle.

Drill a pilot hole with a hand drill.

Then install the screw which holds the wheel pant in place.

Good luck!!
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:35 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,668 Posts
OBTW, I couldn't get the spinner to work either. For now, it'll just have the prop adaptor on there. I'm wondering if want to call Tru Turn or not. They have some light weight electric spinners. But I dunno. They add up fast--usually around 50 bucks.
Last edited by Dora Nine; Oct 21, 2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
Garland , Texas
Joined Sep 2003
87 Posts
Flew mine today for the first time.I too skipped the spinner, did get it to mount (with ca) but added too much vibration for me so off it came. this plane is a floater, not as aerobatic and the mini stick(great plane) but has some presence in the air. would not use it as a replacement for my mini stick but is a nice addition. FYI I had no problems at all with the wheel pants just bolted right on. 10 minutes work total for them
dalelvn is offline Find More Posts by dalelvn
Old Oct 19, 2006, 04:02 PM
glue can fix anything
USA, GA, Stockbridge
Joined Mar 2006
174 Posts
Got her done! Now I need to join the flying club so I will have a place to fly it. I might B able to fly it at the school, but the short grass and rocks have me a bit worried. $99 in a plane when all of my other planes might add up to $20. Foam is nice that way. The rudder control rod was a big inch too short. Not a big deal to make a new one. I had to cut out the servo holes in the tail because they were maybe 1/16 inch too short. And I'm using the e-flite S-75 servos also? The Aileron servos went right in. the other 3 control rods fit perfect. I used hot glue on the low temp setting to attach the Cowling and windscreen. A much cleaner look and when/if I have to remove them, just slide a knife between the parts and twist slightly and POP.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:51 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,668 Posts
As for a spinner check this out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577051
I sent the guy an IM I am hoping that the 40mm one will work. The spinner that comes with the Pulse is a 1.75" or roughly 44mm. So the 40 will be a touch small, but nothing too serious. (I think ) And price is right. Much cheaper than a Tru turn...

As for your battery area being tight, my 2100mah prolites are tight too, but I think that's better...less wiggle room. I put a small piece of Velcro towards the rear of the battery bay. So that and the velcro strap they provide in the kit gives a very secure attachment point for the battery
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:57 PM
glue can fix anything
USA, GA, Stockbridge
Joined Mar 2006
174 Posts
I was thinking about placing some foam around the battery bay for some added protection from my landings! That spinner looks very nice, and I will keep it in mind. I kinda like the extra cooling air I'll get without the spinner for now. Allthough I might need to move the CG forward some? With the battery as far fwd as it will go, the CG is right on spec.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:11 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Anyone want to trade their Pulse XT for a new Mini Ultra Stick!!!!! LOL Just kidding. I finnaly put togeather the Mini Ultra Sticka and it flys GREAT!! Bad thing is ya'll are making me envous!! I am ready to sell it so I can get one. This is one great looking plane!!

LATER
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:29 AM
USA, CO, Peyton
Joined Feb 2006
298 Posts
You guys are worrying me.. The spinner went on easily and so did the pants... Only difference is I am running a hacker a20-20L... So far the plane is going together beautifully, much easier than my fliton icon. I wish I still had my MUS instead of the icon
TangoUniform is offline Find More Posts by TangoUniform
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:58 AM
glue can fix anything
USA, GA, Stockbridge
Joined Mar 2006
174 Posts
I think the problem with the spinner is how it attaches. the base plate warped and then the nose cap would not snap on. I had no trouble tossing it. I am using the e-flite 20 amp ESC, not the 25 amp they suggest. That tells me that there is a cooling issue with the 20 amp. With the 2x2 hole in the bottom I dont think there will be a problem getting the extra amount of air out of the fuse. As far as the spats go, This is my first ROG plane. everything up to this one required a slight hand toss. I have been told by many that for my flying field (Key Word "Field") that I should not use them. And that they require a fair amount of "tweeking" for a nice fit. So I will try to put them on much later, maybe on my next real plane. For now and my field conditions The spats will sit next on the shelf next to the small foam wheels. ROG (roll on gravel) right???
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:32 AM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Sep 2006
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform
You guys are worrying me.. The spinner went on easily and so did the pants... Only difference is I am running a hacker a20-20L... So far the plane is going together beautifully, much easier than my fliton icon. I wish I still had my MUS instead of the icon
wow, thats suprising because my fliton icon went together in one night without any problems. i really like their new inspire mini and how fast that thing goes togehter.
Fly2Low is offline Find More Posts by Fly2Low