SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by punkindrublik, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:00 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,728 Posts
Discussion
Punk's Policies And Peeves

BUYERS -

Please don't be intimidated by this. I only put this in because of a very few problem members I've dealt with in my 1000's of transactions here. If you're one of the good guys (as the majority of you are), you can probably just skip it. Thanks

#1. DELIVERY TIMES - I can only ship once or twice a week, so PLEASE DON'T FREAK OUT if you don't see your item in 7 days. If I receive payment right after a trip to the PO, you can most certainly add a few days to the delivery date. Sorry, I have a real business, and that comes first...

#2. SHIPPING METHODS - Unless stated in my posts, I ship small stuff via 1st class and larger stuff via Priority Mail or FedEx. If you have a problem with this, please make this clear in your offer. I will ship anyway you like but I will also pass on the costs to you.

#3. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SELL TO WHOM I CHOOSE. I will usually work on a first come first serve basis, but I reserve that right in special circumstances. I WILL ALWAYS HONOR MY WORD.

#4. I am always willing to entertain offers, but if you ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS or HAGGLE, please don't expect to be the first considered just because you were the first to contact me. As soon as somebody says "I'LL TAKE IT", the item is sold. I certainly don't mind answering questions, but a quick sale is what I'm really looking for.
I absolutely hate haggling, but still feel free to make offers, ya never know. I rarely get my actual asking price, so it does pay off.

#6. FEEDBACK - I may not leave it right away, but I WILL leave it. I tend to have a lot to leave at once so I do it in batches when I can squeeze it in. If you check my feedback, you'll notice I've left a whole lot more than I've received...

#7. RETURNS - If you have a problem with something you received from me, unless it's posted "as is", I will do everything possible to correct the situation and/or make you happy. Check the feedback....

SELLERS -

If I make an offer and you accept it, that's a deal. Don't wanna hear "didn't hear back in time" or "somebody else paid first".
Deal is a deal. Check my feedback. I checked yours....

FOR THE ONES WHO DON'T APPRECIATE MY TRADING HERE -

#1. Yeah, I trade a LOT. So what?? Why do so many people have a problem with that fact that I just love to have cool stuff in my hands, even if I'll never get to use it. I WISH I could keep it all

#2. You may catch deals that I got on eBay. Yeah, so? I like to bring those deals here. Rarely will you see me outbid somebody to bring it here, just the stuff that nobody else has bid on and I just can't let slip through the cracks.
And please do your math! It's not cheap to ship these things. I learned years ago that trading for profit is a myth. People want stuff cheap and they get it cheap. I'm usually out a few bucks by the time stuff goes through my hands.

#3. There are a few things that I "carry". Such as a few Lipos, BEC's, ESC's, brushless motors and of course, SuperGear. Now these I do make a slight profit on. I do not feel at all bad as I spend a lot of time bringing stuff to this place. And trust me, that amount is a lot less than ya think and NEVER balances out the losses.

#4. I take a LOT of NIB stuff in trade. I deal with several RC retailers that like to trade merchandise for my landing gear. It works out quite well for both parties...
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by punkindrublik; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:43 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
Hey, "I like it" ....nice post, lays it out there for all to see, sort of like, well, you know, being drunk in public..!

Sooo, how's she gooinn now..Eh..!

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:57 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,445 Posts
Great post Brian. These are policies everyone on RC Groups should live by.

Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:59 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,704 Posts
Amen Brian ... this is like the Magna Carta of RCGroups Classifieds, if you ask me!

Great Penmanship ... you're a Trader AND a Scholar too!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:56 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,563 Posts
Punk, you hit the nail on the head.......

These rules are more usefull than the ones written by the moderators...
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:59 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,528 Posts
how did i get here?i just wanted to low ball...just kidding,good idea Brian...black and white
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Oct 29, 2006, 08:00 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined Dec 2004
373 Posts
Can we get a sticky here?
don_craig is offline Find More Posts by don_craig
Old Nov 03, 2006, 02:24 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Good job Punk.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Last edited by willhaney; Nov 03, 2006 at 04:25 PM. Reason: oops
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:18 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
yup..

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Last edited by retiredVTT; Nov 03, 2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:26 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,728 Posts
Thanks everybody

Just wanted to avoid some of same misunderstandings I've had to deal with in the past...

Brian
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:27 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
I'd imagine this proactive approach could become quite popular here.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Last edited by willhaney; Nov 03, 2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:35 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Just kidding.

"I offerred you 50 % of your asking price. So don't sell if anyone comes along with the cash-asking-price until I get back to you, mm'kay."

"P.S. Going on vacation."
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:10 AM
Just call me .... Bill
Greenville/Anderson area of SC
Joined Dec 2005
738 Posts
Brian, You've always been fair with our trades but it sure sounds like you've gotten burned a few times!

I always find it amazing how people get mad if you don't take their offer or if I counter with less then asking price.
Solid Hit is offline Find More Posts by Solid Hit
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:41 PM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
++++++ and plus!!!
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
Fresno, Calif
Joined Aug 2005
888 Posts