HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
Green Bay, WI
Joined Sep 2006
30 Posts
Help!
BCX 4 in 1 flashing Green and Red after Crash

Morning all, I'm hoping you all can help me out here. I was flying my BCX outside this weekend when a little breeze started to push me into a neighbors house. I tried to correct it and ended having a pretty severe blade strike about 20-30 feet in the air. As you all know, the BCX just plumted to the ground with a sickening soundl. After looking it over, I found that the batter I was flying ended up getting slammed pretty good, and the flybar got bent. But my biggest issue is that when I plug my other battery into the 4 in 1, the servo's do their reset and then I get nothing but red and green flashing. The manual says that is when the 4 in 1 can't connect with the TX. I'm sure that the crash is what did it, but the question is, is there anything I can do to fix it other than buying a new 4 in 1?

Thanks all in advance!
brocja01 is offline Find More Posts by brocja01
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:31 AM
Everyone crashes sometime
Orlando, FL and Washington D.C.
Joined May 2006
1,427 Posts
I had a very similar problem but what I did was just plain drop my 4-in-1 and what happened was, believe it or not, the crystal shattered. I verified this by trying three different crystal sets and all the others worked. I later opened up the can and sure enough, the crystal material had come loose from the pin.

Hope that might be your problem because crystal sets are way cheaper than a 4-in-1.

Carl
quickster47 is offline Find More Posts by quickster47
Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:45 AM
Green Bay, WI
Joined Sep 2006
30 Posts
Thanks a bunch!!! I'll give that a try tonight I think. Are the BCX's negative shift or positive shift. I have a Futaba 4YF TX just sitting in a closet, (currently selling most of my airplane stuff to fund Heli hobby) and was wondering if I could just use that?
brocja01 is offline Find More Posts by brocja01
Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:37 AM
Everyone crashes sometime
Orlando, FL and Washington D.C.
Joined May 2006
1,427 Posts
I am pretty sure the BCX stuff is negative shift. I use a Futaba 7CH with my helis and they work great.

CQ
quickster47 is offline Find More Posts by quickster47
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:48 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Your CX will work with a Futaba (or Hitec) transmitter.
I use a 6XAS with mine, for the dual rates and expo.
Note a CP needs a transmitter with the CCPM option.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul