SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2006, 05:12 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG
This is too cool. A clubmate of mine flew T-33's in the service. I'd love to do one a fly it with him in attendence.

Could this be converted to EDF? Could you please share pictures of the inside of a fuselage half.
Greg/Paul

my original T33 design was for EDF but it didnt fly any better than the original Kyosho T33 EDF design,

plus i wanted it to fly with the wing tip tanks on
and the original Kyosho would not fly with the tanks on !

when i flew the T-33 prototype for the first time and saw how slow you could roll it i was smitten !

watch the Vid and you will see what i mean..

http://media.putfile.com/T33

and thats with NO RUDDER

it rotates on its axis like a true jet

personally i LOVE it
cadetman is offline Find More Posts by cadetman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2006, 04:14 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail
Hi Cadetman and other R/C flyers,i haven't had much luck with pusher prop jets but not being one to give up i have been looking at this T33.I'm using the logic as it isn't a swept wing that it will be a more managable jet.

as true as your word !... you bought one

post pics and comments here

if R/C builders are gonna spend good money on a kit then i will make sure they are happy with their purchase

Ray
Old Nov 02, 2006, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Wilco Ray,
I might go for a different colour scheme-don't know yet,mind you there must be loads to choose from.i will no doubt add cockpit detail and a pilot or two.Just been looking at your Vulcan which is due out in 2007-wow that's going to be very popular!Probably will have to get one of those as well.Mind you i'd better finish my Multiplex Cargo B17 conversion first-so many planes so little time lol!I have a feeling you will have loads of success with your T33 and other aircraft in production-Good luck!
Paul
redtail is offline Find More Posts by redtail
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:44 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail
Wilco Ray,
I might go for a different colour scheme-don't know yet,mind you there must be loads to choose from.i will no doubt add cockpit detail and a pilot or two.Just been looking at your Vulcan which is due out in 2007-wow that's going to be very popular!Probably will have to get one of those as well.Mind you i'd better finish my Multiplex Cargo B17 conversion first-so many planes so little time lol!I have a feeling you will have loads of success with your T33 and other aircraft in production-Good luck!
Paul

there are lots more variations of schemes if you search on the Net

i am looking forward to 2007 airshows

i imagine the HJ F16, the Vulcan Bomber, flanked with the T-33 and the Bae Hawk

i can only dream of this !

Ray
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:48 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
Nearly forgot the Free style look Too

this is by a T33 builder who wanted a Tiger Strip look

Very Kewl

Ray
Old Nov 04, 2006, 07:15 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
and now.. Taa Daaa !

no words just pics
Old Nov 07, 2006, 05:03 PM
U.K
Joined Jan 2005
266 Posts
the builder doing the Tiger Strip version has completed it and i have to say it looks absolutly Brilliant

he lives about 50 miles from me and i hope to see it fly

Ray
Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Fontanafredda
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Cadetman

What kind of shipping would be involved to send one of these to Italy? The Thunderbirds are visiting Aviano in July and our local R/C club is hoping to do some demos on the base during the festivities. It would be awesome to have a few of the different planes used by the team over the years...and the T-33 is definately one of my favorites. Your T-33 is a gorgeous airplane and those slow rolls are just beautiful!

I'm also looking at maybe a F-100 or F-105, a F-4, a T-38 and of course a F-16. The F-4 and T-38 would be 6mmflyrc versions of Shumate ParkJets and probably would go with a Ultra Fly for the F-16. F-100 or F-105 would probably be a scratch build. A collection of Thunderbird history all in Thunderbirds trim. That would be sweet!

Randal

Edit: After some research, the T-33 was never used by the Thunderbirds. It was, however, used by the "USAFE Acrobats" who were the predecessors to the Thunderbirds and flew between 1949 and 1953. I think the T-33 looks great in the T-birds scheme so I'll stick with it.
R/C Dallas is offline Find More Posts by R/C Dallas
Last edited by R/C Dallas; Jan 30, 2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,769 Posts
Ray,
While we're on the subject, did you get my e-mail? Wondering if you have tracked my T-33?

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans