HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2002, 07:28 PM
Joined Aug 2002
31 Posts
Does anyone have free plans for a BlueCor Trainer?

Hello
I want to build my first BlueCor plane and Im new to RC flying, so I want it to be a good trainer. I found the BlueCor at my local Lowes. I need some plans to go by, I have no idea where to start. I want something slow and easy to fly. I have saw the BlueCor planes that the others have been building and I want to try it. Please help if you can
Thanks
Rondo
"Learning to Fly"
Rondo is offline Find More Posts by Rondo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2002, 07:38 PM
Hmm, kerosene... :)
Weert(LB) - the Netherlands
Joined May 2002
952 Posts
I have not flown/built it myself,
but from experience with plans from their site, take a look at the frog on
http://www.foamfly.com
their plans are very clear.
Should be a stable flyer.
NightSwan is offline Find More Posts by NightSwan
Old Aug 25, 2002, 10:18 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
i have built 2 Frogs and i think it is a great trainer .. my 9 year old son and my wife have both flown it.. the frog plans are not free but are very reasonably priced.. check em out @ www.foamfly.com

Take Care and Keep Em Flying.. Vyceroy
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Aug 25, 2002, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2002
31 Posts
Frog plans are here, Thanks for suggestions

Hello
I ordered the Frog plans and they look great. Got them all cut out and just got back from Lowe's to buy the BlueCor foam. I will try to get started on the plan today. Do not know what motor or gearbox to use yet. I plan on buying GWS Pico Pack for the rest of the stuff. I already have a 4 channel radio that I was using on my Take It Easy Glider. Thanks for the help. Looks like foam is the way to go. I guess it will be a learning experience since I have only worked will balsa, but im ready to learn.
Rondo
"Learning to Fly"
Rondo is offline Find More Posts by Rondo
Old Aug 25, 2002, 11:19 AM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,673 Posts
Thanks for the good word everybody.

Rondo,

I've emailed your new "Shopping List" with the equipment I recommend for the Frog. Keep us posted on your progress. I hope you really enjoy it.

-Dan
Hippo is online now Find More Posts by Hippo
Old Aug 25, 2002, 11:29 AM
Wayne's World - Illinois
Joined May 2002
847 Posts
Rondo, take that same balsa technique and you can apply it to building with foam. Make your bulkheads the same way, cut the corner stringers the same way{for rounding out the fuse and still having corner strength} as you would with balsa. I'm remaking my Sig Klipper out of fanfold and it's easy as building with balsa. The "blue" fanfold is easier to work with{bend} than the pink...I however have pink, so I'll use that for now. I'm tossing on a link to a blue core biplane build{copy of another plane really} for you to check out...remember- your only limited by your own imagination and building skills!!!
http://www.ezonemag.com/articles/200...oam/foam.shtml
{copy and paste}
Vyceroy...yet another "shameless plug" for ol' Hippo-LOL.{you'd think these two are in cahoots or something! }
...for some unknown reason the "/2001/may/foam" is coming up as "/20...foam/", for the link to work make sure it's /2001/may/foam....
...#2- it works, it looks wrong, but it works!{my bad!}
Scratchbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Scratchbuilder
Last edited by Scratchbuilder; Aug 25, 2002 at 11:37 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 02:06 PM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,673 Posts
There are lot's of options.

Rondo,
Yeah, you can build some the balsa way if you like, but you can also fold the foam and build it up like a paper model. Lot's of folks (myself included) have been using the templates at www.fiddlersgreen.net to design scale blue planes. They're not really trainers, but you can finally have that "insert airplane here" that nobody makes a kit of. It's nice to have options.

Scratchbuilder,
Knowing Vyceroy, I don't think I could pay him enough money to say those nice things... He and I have been friends for a while, so he gets free copies of all my plans. Maybe that's why he's so supportive.

Also, the blue foam in that article is actually a floor underlayment product. It was a little heavier than the Bluecor, but nice because it was only 1/8" thick. Very convenient in some cases. Unfortunately the manufacturer has discontinued it in favor of some squishy foam that comes on a roll. No use to us.

-Dan
Hippo is online now Find More Posts by Hippo
Old Aug 25, 2002, 02:36 PM
Wayne's World - Illinois
Joined May 2002
847 Posts
Hippo, there you are, I saw you were on board but saw no posts here{so I waited}. 1st- I assumed{most likely problem #1} that the blue core you guys used was only an 1/8" thick...his was thicker, but I was/am right about the current stuff being 1/8" thick...right? 2nd- Vyceroy is a heck of a guy, no arguement there, and I think he needs not be paid for telling the truth, your planes are well planned, easy to build, and fly very well{from what I've heard by all who've bought them}...excellent testimony- I was just ribbing you two. I emailed you about "something" awhile back, but never heard from you. I sent said something to vyceroy yesterday{39 to be exact}. As the cheetoh's commercial says; crunch all you want- "I" can get more. How's that "foam guide" coming?!...I look forward to some interesting reading.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 03:05 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Ok i want to know who is spreading the Vicious Rumor i am a nice Guy.. Lmfao i have a rotten rep to protect .. ehehehehe i did not know your Zone name bob now i can follow and stalk ya .. haahaahaa ..

Take Care and Keep Em Flying.. Vyceroy
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Aug 26, 2002, 11:02 PM
Wayne's World - Illinois
Joined May 2002
847 Posts
Rats...I've been had!-lol Hey, my 1st post on hbfa was that I was "scratchbuilder from rcgroups"...that was for the benefit of those from here, who had filtered over to there as well.{I don't recall seeing hippo there, but the man has been busy!} As for stalking me...you better have a comfy trackball mouse cause I'm all over this board-lol{foamies/open}...keep up if ya can. Oh, and I have absolutely no idea who said you were a nice guy...I just said ya shouldn't get paid...lol...ooops!