HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:10 PM
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
Build Log
Mini-Zoom PRO build and setup

I got Mini-Zoom from infinity-hobby.com in few days age. The heli comes with woodies main blades. Everything looks good, the CNC quality of rotor head is so high. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580654
Today, the servos, gyro and other stuff of electric parts are arrived.
First, I try to use Hitec HS-55. after couple hours, I give up. It's possable to use HS-55 on M-Zoom Pro, because I know someone used it. http://tw.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sno...?.dir=/8734scd
But too complicated.
So, I try GWS pico STD again. it's much easyer. I toke some pictures and share it to everyone.

Only the linkage of elevator servo need to watch. Because the Anti Rotation Bracket hamper the linkage rod whan you push it to full pitch.

So, need to cut some of the anti rotation bracker haper.

Setup of linkage rod.

Radio Setup, Futaba FF9, Swashplate mix = 60%, 60%, 60%
+-9 degree

Right now, I am thinking about the power system. I guess the rpm of main blade should be over 3000rpm. maybe 3500rpm~4000rpm will be better. I think I will try 2800 kv with 3S lipo first.
If there are any news, I will continuous post pictures to here.
colabear is offline Find More Posts by colabear
Last edited by colabear; Oct 11, 2006 at 02:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:52 PM
Israel
Joined Oct 2004
193 Posts
It looks great.
How much mah battery pack you going to use?
Do you know what is the weight of the heli? (only body)
I planning to buy mine and I want it to be under 200 gram.
TooLyr is offline Find More Posts by TooLyr
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:36 PM
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLyr
It looks great.
How much mah battery pack you going to use?
Do you know what is the weight of the heli? (only body)
I planning to buy mine and I want it to be under 200 gram.
About few month age, I purchased a ep100 combo from the same guy. (He also sell on eBay). The combo included a 800mAh battery pack. I test the pack, it can offer up to 15C continuous discharge current. The quality good. The seller of Infinity-hobby.com told he will sell it alone whan his website ready. The price will about USD19~20.
Right now, I use 7.4 550mAh. (same guy sell it to me). The price is cheap but the discharge rate only arount 10~12C. Fly ep100 is enough but not powerful.
the weight of the heli (with canopy, rotor head....every thing, without blade) is 92g.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:24 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Colabear,
It almost looks like you could install the ball joint on the backside of the front two servos' control horns. Wouldn't that make the linkages more vertical? Seems like they are leaning back a bit right now? I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter much.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:24 AM
Joined Oct 2006
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfrfun
Colabear,
It almost looks like you could install the ball joint on the backside of the front two servos' control horns. Wouldn't that make the linkages more vertical? Seems like they are leaning back a bit right now? I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter much.
Hello,
I am the manager of Infinity-hobby.com.

mm....I know this problem. but the only way is to use smaller servo, such like http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...roducts_id=447
But tiny servo usually has bad durability, so I recommand to use larger servo. actually, keep three linkages in same slope will be ok.

K
infinityhobby is offline Find More Posts by infinityhobby
Site Sponsor
Last edited by infinityhobby; Oct 12, 2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
Joined Oct 2006
42 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the website manager of Infinity-Hobby.com. If you have any question, just send mail to manager@infinity-hobby.com or leave message in my rcgroups account. Thanks.

I am writing the user menual of EP-100pro. It will be released in next week.

K
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:30 AM
Hey, I can hover ^_^
London, U.K
Joined Jul 2006
361 Posts
is it possible to bend the linkage a little bit to make it like "L" shape, then it may fit that space
tungnguyen is offline Find More Posts by tungnguyen
Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:40 AM
Joined Oct 2006
42 Posts
mmm....that's a good ideal, but I dont' think so it will be batter, because there are too many unknow stress. other reason is; for elevator servo, "L" linkage equal longer servo arm, but for aileron servo, "L" linkage equal shorter servo arm.
When we design the fram, the big problem is "which size servo will be used?". If we can appoint the servo size. It's easy to design a perfect main frame. Just like the M-Zoom V1. It's perfect fit with pino servo. But we hope Pro version has more choice, so we must sacrifice some.

K
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:46 AM
3vw
Joined Jun 2004
546 Posts
Hi colabear,

Thanks for starting this MiniZ Pro build thread… I hope you will follow through with it to the point of posting a video of your finished heli flying.

If you could do me a favor and post a few pics showing the opening (width & length) on this new Pro frame for the battery pack (and the dimensions) I would appreciate it. I do hope the opening is wider than the original MiniZ because it’s hard to find batteries (outside of the Eflight’s narrow BCX battery) that actually fit.
3vw is offline Find More Posts by 3vw
Old Oct 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
mmm...I just down all set of my mini-zoom pro.

There are some tips on building. I do like to share it with everyone.
1.must check every screws are fixed.
2.glue the belt whell

Problems need answers....
1.the main shift is longer than the v1. I didn't find the part on even www.infinity-hobby.com or flying-hobby.
2.If install it with v1 brushless motor, the motor shaft is a little bit short. Need to move forward the pinion gear. I think seller should offer longer motor shift.

cola
Last edited by colabear; Oct 14, 2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 02:23 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,580 Posts
please use this gear http://www.flying-hobby.com/productShow.asp?id=1547

i use it very well now
fung is offline Find More Posts by fung
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
Joined Oct 2006
42 Posts

longer size main shift for M-Zoom Pro
longer size motor shift for upgrade original B/L motor

comming soom

K
www.infinity-hobby.com
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Joined Nov 2005
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityhobby
Hello everyone. I am the website manager of Infinity-Hobby.com. If you have any question, just send mail to manager@infinity-hobby.com or leave message in my rcgroups account. Thanks.

I am writing the user menual of EP-100pro. It will be released in next week.

K
Infinity hobby,
I PM'd you with a few questions regarding order. Please look at it.
Thanks.
darkangellas is offline Find More Posts by darkangellas
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:20 AM
Joined Oct 2006
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangellas
Infinity hobby,
I PM'd you with a few questions regarding order. Please look at it.
Thanks.
Hello, I have replyed your message.
Those questions are most people want to know.
1.Shipping.
I offer EMS (Express mail service) and airmail shipping service. The shipping time of EMS is about 4~6 working days to US. And the parcel is traceable. Same situation for every country. the only one of the variable of shipping time is customs checking. In my experience, ship to Italy will take more time on customs checking, It's depend on single case net every one.
2.Service.
I will guarantee free charge for products return and fault item exchagne. And reply any questions in 1~2 working days.
3.Why choose my shop!?
Why I build the webshop, because I think most RC products are made in Taiwan or Asia. I can get the newset product before other country very early. That's my advantage. If not new products, I do have an other advantage that's "price". Local price usually far lower than other country. So...even few day more shipping, a little bit expensive shipping cost. My webshop still is a goods choise.

Thanks

K
Infinity Hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
My M-Zoom Pro test fly
http://www.dropshots.com/videolink.p...21&showVideo=1