SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:25 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Discussion
JR Indoor Fest

Anyone going to Columbus to the indoor festival. Novemeber 4th and 5th. It seems they are going to be having Cox Warbirds Pylon Racing. Anyone plan on going?

www.jriefestival.com/
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
i have been thinking about going. still on the fence.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:20 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,064 Posts
I might be interested in going on a NCEF road trip.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:14 AM
Mayday!
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Sep 2005
1,246 Posts
I'm interested. How does it compare to Toledo? I was disappointed w/ most of the vendors prices there. Although what I did buy were good deals.

Tim
Newtron is offline Find More Posts by Newtron
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Ive read different reviews about it. I remember reading that it was the largest indoor gathering in the US for electrics. I dont think I would fly however. Probably too congested for my tastes. But Im sure there will be tons of vendors. I also recall hearing about free servos being given away last year, that doesnt sound too bad.

I really enjoy seeing the latest greatest planes, gear, etc. Plus I think Toledo is so big and crowded its hard to have a conversation, talk shop, etc. with a vendor.

One of the coolest guys who will be there is Dave Thacker from Radical RC. He knows his stuff and really takes his time with you even if your only buying a servo extension.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:55 AM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
I went last year, it was a pretty small venue. I was in Columbus anyway so I just dropped by. I'm not sure I would have been happy to drive 2 1/2 hours to see it. Just my opinion, lots of people loved it.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
Something Clever
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2005
895 Posts
I made the 2 1/2 hour drive and I was a little disappointed by the Vendor displays. There really was not very much in the way of "stuff" to see. It could be different this year. I did enjoy watching the indoor flying and saw some pretty cool stuff.

Jim
RktMan is offline Find More Posts by RktMan
Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,268 Posts
I've been to all the previous JR FestsÖÖÖbut just to watch. It's a typical golf dome sized venue. I guess they're all the same size. Last year they basically divided the dome in half. The left half was 3D. The right half was for parkflyers. I did see one mid-air on the 3D side while I was there. It probably could have been avoided.

The vendor area doesn't seem terribly congested. Not as bad as some pictures of Toledo Iíve seen. I donít know how competitive the prices are because Iím just there to watch. Iím sure Dave Thacker will be there. I agree; heís very helpful.

Youíll probably see some celebrities. Last year we had: Quique Somenzini, Jason Noll, Frank Noll, John Glezellis, Sean McCurtry, Andrew Jesky and Scott Foster. Most of them took turns practicing their routine in the far left corner. Some of them also did a demo during the noon time exhibition.

The parkflyer side of the dome usually has some interesting scale models and some ultralight Plantraco-type planes. Judging from the website, theyíre adding some new things this year like pylon racing and a water runway.

I plan on going, but itís only a 15 minute ride for me.

Tom
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Last edited by Trisquire; Oct 12, 2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2006, 11:24 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
if i don't have to work, i may as well go. i mean, what else am i going to do....paint like the spouse wants me too???!!
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)