Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 28, 2002, 07:35 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Aw man Eddie, I was so looking forward to seeing the P3 in person, oh and you too.

Well the gang worked their tails off today getting things ready for the Devil Mt. meet. We managed to install over 400' of AstroTurf on the west side of the paved runway. This AstroTurf covered almost 6" of rough gravel that we used for fill in that area. It was a nightmare to land there before but it's smooth as a babies you know what now. When we get all finished the runway should be surrounded by Astroturf and pitt area should be AstroTurf as well.

I managed to squeeze in the first flight and landing on the runway this afternoon after we stopped work for the day. The Smart landing was a great test if I may say so myself.

Everything is ready for tomorrow so come on out and have yourself a ball!!!!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2002, 07:51 PM
Concord, CA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
Greg,

You and DVRC have come through for us again--thanks.

Half Moon Bay half of the Bay Area Duo was fantastic--Well over 50 participants, good raffle (I won a Zagi and 40 size trainer kit). I'll donate the trainer to DVRC's raffle.

Chuck
ChuckHHill is offline Find More Posts by ChuckHHill
Old Sep 28, 2002, 10:12 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2001
413 Posts
Event Time for Diablo?

Does the Diablo Event start at 8:00 am also?
Drewmotion is offline Find More Posts by Drewmotion
Old Sep 29, 2002, 12:12 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Re: Event Time for Diablo?

Quote:
Originally posted by Drewmotion
Does the Diablo Event start at 8:00 am also?
9:00 AM

Heres a link for the flyer for the event.
http://dvrc.org/events/efly01/devlmt02.htm
Old Sep 29, 2002, 12:27 PM
Go Giants!
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Jun 2002
1,069 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you to the guys that put on the fly-in in Half Moon Bay yesterday! I had a great time!

It was my first fly-in, and my dad won the astro charger in the raffle, and I got the Airtronics Vangaurd Transmitter set in the pilots raffle. I am already finding all kinds of neat things on it and the stuff that it came with.

And this is for Mark Heer, we flew the Beaver today, and it was GREAT!

Thanks again to everyone,

Brian
Flybyguy is offline Find More Posts by Flybyguy
Old Sep 29, 2002, 05:32 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,591 Posts
we need pic's!
who won the battle, snoopy or the baron?
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Sep 29, 2002, 10:19 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
You really like to stir things up, don'tcha Gregg. Wouldn't you know it of all days the wind decided to give it to us today!! The DVRC crew spent all day getting things ready for the event yesterday and it was dead calm.

Well, the WWI flyers didn't have a chance because of the windy conditions. Not a single slowflyer was to be had so we shared a beer, Root Beer and saved the planes and pilots nerves for another day. I think half the pilots that showed up didn't even bother to register it was so windy. It might be a good idea that this event needs to be moved back to October next year like it used to be.
I'm quite proud of the work the guys did.
Last edited by GregG; Sep 29, 2002 at 10:23 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 10:22 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,591 Posts
greg: so sorry to hear about the blow out. what a shame the field looks great.............gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Sep 29, 2002, 11:34 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
Dear Brian:
Glad your Beaver with floats flew so well for you today! Wind in Pittsburgh kept most things grounded. The Baron is on a sugar high from the root beer he had with Snoopy as they drowned their sorrows about the wind being too much for their WWI planes. My Luke Warm Liners were grounded but some fast Hot Liners took to the air as did a few wings. On trip home we stopped and watch thermals start over a freshly plowed field off highway 4 in the Delta. Really cool to watch as some would start and die and others would really grow as they went across this small field.
Saturday was for flying and Sunday for talking for most pilots at these two good events. Saw some interesting brushless motors from Germany at the Devil Mt. event. They will also be at Visalia for the glider pilots next weekend. Mike
PS: The baron says it will sadden him but he will still have to shoot down Snoopy next chance he gets. He is glad to hear it will be a real contest as Snoopy's mechanic has his plane working great. He also complained that that beagle can't hold his beer as he started crying about Mom and Spike, etc after a few rounds. but then the Baron sings German songs and gets moist in the eyes as well.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 29, 2002 at 11:38 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 12:19 AM
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,019 Posts
I just wanted to say THANKS to Courtney, Brian, Chuck, Greg and all the other people involved in putting on these two fine events. I had a lot of fun, met some great modelers and learned a lot.

Kasra
kasra is offline Find More Posts by kasra
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2002, 03:36 PM
Winters, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
10 Posts
Devils Mountain...Enjoyed it!

I came down from Winters, CA. Member of SVSS and Vacaville Lagoon Valley Electric Flyers... Great field and runway. Thanks for the raffle prizes. My 10 bucks was well spent. I got the charger, tacometer, inflight battery checker and a bag. Never won anything in anyone elses raffles but sure was lucky yesterday. Nice meeting everyone.
Ralph Gustafson
Winters, CA
Big Dog is offline Find More Posts by Big Dog
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:44 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Here's a few action pictures from the Half Moon Bay event. Please excuse the poor images, still trying to figure out all the buttons on my camera...if anyone wants to identify the planes in a PM, I'll add descriptions to the images.

This B-24 belongs to Jim Hendrid(sp?) of the Pioneer R/C Club. It is powered by 4 wattage motors(from the B-2 flying wing).
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Last edited by sheerLuck; Oct 01, 2002 at 07:38 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:46 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
This foam Quantas BAE146 was a Robbe kit owned by Konrad Dudek. I thought it was an impressively realistic flier. It appeared in my video to be a little slow when turning onto final, but may have hit a gust. In any case, this was probably its last flight.
Last edited by sheerLuck; Oct 01, 2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:51 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:52 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
This Yellow Aeronca Champ with floats belongs to Jim Reimholz of the Peninsula AeroModelers at Half Moon Bay. It's powered by a sp400 with an olympus gear drive.
Last edited by sheerLuck; Oct 01, 2002 at 08:03 PM.