Old Aug 15, 2002, 07:05 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
Bay Area Duo 2002

Bay Area Duo 2002

Sept 28, Saturday:

Pioneer R/C Club along with Peninsula Aeromodelers hosting the ElectricFly, Part I of the BAD 2002, at Half Moon Bay, Ca.(Peninsula Aeromodelers field).

CD: Courtney Bryant click name to e-mail.
Info:Brian Chan click name to e-mail.

Sept 29, Sunday:

Concord Model Engineers hosting the DEVIL MOUNTAIN
All Electric R/C Fun Fly. Field Provided by the Diablo Valley Radio Controllers in Pittsburg, CA
(new Location)

Info/CD: Chuck Hill click name to e-mail.

See you there!
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Last edited by bhchan; Aug 16, 2002 at 02:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:40 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Directions to the Devil Mt. meet with a couple of maps.

http://www.dvrc.org/dvrcmap.html
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Last edited by GregG; Aug 28, 2002 at 08:52 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 03:42 PM
Concord, CA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
BAD 2002

I am CD for the Devil Mountain Fun Fly, Sept 29, 2002.

If you have any questions or want a flyer for the event, I can be reached at

chuckhhill@aol.com,
or
(925) 685-1546

Chuck Hill
ChuckHHill is offline Find More Posts by ChuckHHill
Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:30 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,057 Posts
Thanks guys for putting the event on again this year. I was bummed I missed the last one, so I'll see you all there.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2002, 01:49 AM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
899 Posts
The link doesn't work. Brian, what does it cost to fly there? What kind of planes will be there? Any hotliners?
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Aug 24, 2002, 04:07 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
All kind of airplane, slow flyers to hotliners.

10.00 entry fee.

Brian
Old Aug 27, 2002, 01:56 PM
Concord, CA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
Bay Area Duo

The two events are coordinated as to date to make it easier for people from out of the San Francisco Bay Area to attend both, but are administered separately.

$10 for Devil Mountain also.

Any kind of electric is welcome.

Chuck Hill
ChuckHHill is offline Find More Posts by ChuckHHill
Old Sep 02, 2002, 06:32 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
This is a challenge to Snoopy in his Sopwith Pup. Your mechanic Greg did some trash talking last spring before our event out at the reservoir and then you crashed on talk-off as your motor could not generate enough power for you to fly. Well Snoopy your mechanic better hop up the power on your Pup or I will kick your allied fanny. I will be there with the Modesto flying Circus and my Dr 1 will take you on mano y dogo. one on one. If you can't take-off this time I will straff you where you crash. Should we both survive the dogfight I will treat you to a beer. I hear you like Henry Weinhardts. Since it is your field we will have to limit it to Henry's rootbeer. Now land on my side of the lines and I can treat you to some really good beer. Baron von Herr Heer. See you on the 29th.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2002, 07:56 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Heer
This is a challenge to Snoopy in his Sopwith Pup. Your mechanic Greg did some trash talking last spring before our event out at the reservoir and then you crashed on talk-off as your motor could not generate enough power for you to fly. Well Snoopy your mechanic better hop up the power on your Pup or I will kick your allied fanny. I will be there with the Modesto flying Circus and my Dr 1 will take you on mano y dogo. one on one. If you can't take-off this time I will straff you where you crash. Should we both survive the dogfight I will treat you to a beer. I hear you like Henry Weinhardts. Since it is your field we will have to limit it to Henry's rootbeer. Now land on my side of the lines and I can treat you to some really good beer. Baron von Herr Heer. See you on the 29th.

i like it a little smack talkin is a good thing!........gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Sep 02, 2002, 08:36 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
I'd smack talk Brian Chan also but my lukewarmliner may not be ready to take his hotliner this year. I've got my climb up to about 20% above horizontal, only seventy more degrees to catch up to his angle of flight. I may enter the unlimited with a motor smaller then a speed 400, Is there any rule against using helium balloons and a BB gun with your plane? I fly into the prevailing breeze until the motor run time stops and then I wait for the plane with balloons to drift back to the field. I'm still developing the concept.
I want to see Ferradas and his Bandit after reading all about it here on Ezone. The only way my planes go out of sight in five seconds is if I close my eyes. But there will be others with some fast planes to fly with you like Brian. Both of these events are lots of fun and good people.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 02, 2002 at 08:40 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2002, 08:58 PM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
899 Posts
Unfortunately, I'll be coming as a spectator, my planes would love to fly but I don't have AMA. Oh well.
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Sep 02, 2002, 09:02 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
Hey,
Mike, Power is not the only thing, remember SKILL? Some just "ain't got it!". Oh, also luck??

Hope to see you all in Half Moon Bay and Pittsburg.

You have 25 more days to prepare your secret weapon to be the top dog of the World.

Brian, an EAJ in San Mateo.
Old Sep 02, 2002, 09:43 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
Skill and luck, boy if only I had those I could fly! Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Mike
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 07, 2002 at 01:44 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2002, 11:55 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Oh Man, Snoop ain't gonna like this talk. He went to bed early as we had another short hop this afternoon. I guess I had better get the Pup ready early instead of the night before. How many cells can a 280 BB take?
Old Sep 03, 2002, 12:17 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
OK, Snoop just got up from his dognap. I briefed him on what was brewing and boy was he pi**ed!!! Anyway, he said (This is all I can post here) and I quote "Tell that Baron von Poopy Pants he's really gonna get it. He's gone too far this time and I can't wait to get him in my sights. All his trash talk ain't gonna get him nowhere in the air!!! *&%%#$@.

Pay close attention to this photo and study it well. This is going to be the last thing the Baron is gonna see! Boo-Ya, bring it on pal!!"

Oh, by the way Mike, sorry about his rotten language. I hope he calms down a bit or this is going to be one hell of a month leading up to the event. A few minutes ago he walked out the door muttering something about "Nitrous Oxide Injection", whatever that means. I don't think there is too much room for anymore cells in this baby, but if there is......

Yes, the Henry's sounds like a great choice. Maybe we both had better have one before just in case the enevitable happens.
Last edited by GregG; Sep 03, 2002 at 12:28 PM.