SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2006, 09:13 PM
New Hampshire
Joined Apr 2006
14 Posts
Discussion
Help Identify Pulse Jet Engine

I recently bought a few planes at a sale and included was a control line Mig with this pulse jet engine. It looks like the plane was never flown and the motor seems like it was never even started. The inside (plane) was scribed “Home built by … 1988”. Can anyone here help identify the brand name and distributor of this pulse jet engine. I don’t see any markings on the outside, and don’t want to start dismantling it. I attached a few pictures.
Thanks
Christi-
BuckRogers is offline Find More Posts by BuckRogers
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
Looks to me like a Dynajet, but there were several manufacturers of these and they all look pretty much the same. If you haven't run one of these up yet or been near one when they run you'll be in for a shock...better wear hearing protection!

bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,646 Posts
Yep i go with its a dyna jet..Looks just like mine...and they still make them..If you start it dont let it run sitting still for more than a second or 2..it will over heat and warp the tail pipe...they need to be moving to stay cool...Google pulse jet and you can find all the info you need to start and run that thing!
Scott
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:50 AM
New Hampshire
Joined Apr 2006
14 Posts
Thanks for the response! I posted on a couple of other groups and the consensus is that this is likely a Dyna-jet. Seems the design was changed slightly over the years. I recon this model is from the 80's somewhere. Scott, you mentioned they still make them. Where can one buy these nowadays?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,646 Posts
its a side project for the company.
try here http://www.dynafog.com/other/index.htm
Scott
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:12 AM
New Hampshire
Joined Apr 2006
14 Posts
Apology. I think I posted something that was not allowed - will follow-up a bit later
Last edited by BuckRogers; Nov 17, 2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Follow-up later