HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2006, 07:49 PM
Addicted Beginner
UK, Manchester.
Joined May 2006
40 Posts
Discussion
Any advice setting up a video/photo capture device on my trainer?

Hi,
I am currently learning to fly a boomerang trainer.
Although some might think im jumping the gun a little, wanting to install a camera before i can successfully fly on my own, i figured it would be interesting and at least ill have it done for when i can fly solo.
I am not too well up on electronics, although if i know what i am trying to do with the electronics, quite sure i can find out off the internet how to do it.

Basically i want to install a camera that will take videos in flight, but so that i can then transfer them to my pc for playback (i prefer to watch them on the pc than tv, for editing purposes)

However, i only have a 4 channel transmitter, therefore do not have any spare channels for using a servo to push the shutter on a video device.
I could use the rudder stick, as i never use it anyway, but would much prefer to find out if there is another way around this?

Also is it possible to attatch something that can take pictures AND videos, and specify whether i am going to be recording video, or taking pictures before the flight.

I have seen this miniature cmos camera at maplins.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...mera&doy=10m10
I am persuming i would need to attatch it to something that saves the photos/video and allows me to transfer them to the computer?

Sorry for any stupid phrases, but as i say i am not very well up on electronics.

thanks.
mike_hallam is offline Find More Posts by mike_hallam
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:27 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,438 Posts
Mike,
Your best bet is to find a digital camera that takes video and stills. Using a big enough memory card you could start the video before takeoff and le it run continually then edit the video once downloaded from the camera. For still shots find a camera that takes sequential shots and jam down the shutter release before flight letting the camera fire until the memory card is full.

Gray.
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray