HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2006, 06:38 PM
Joined Oct 2006
4 Posts
Discussion
Blade runner 2 Mods/Problems

Hi all!

I just got my BR2, I have a runtime of 18+min is that ok? I have not done any big mods yet, except for increasing the distance of the main rotors. I have one problem, my BR2 is very unstable? I think it's becouse of my tail rotor, it's angeled. What should I do? I have tryed to squeze it into a more stragiher position but its glued to the tail.

I will remove the body today and lube it up, hoppfully it will help a little bit?

Oh, one more thing, should I remove the lights on the heli? I think it will increase the runtime a bit, or am I wrong?
jc141878 is offline Find More Posts by jc141878
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:02 AM
Joined Oct 2006
4 Posts
I have now taken off the body (which I was sceptical to do) and it fly’s like a bird.. Also I was able to adjust the tail rotor, so now the BR2 is fixed.. Should I remove the light or do you pro's think I should keep them?

So what kinds of other mods can I do now?? Any suggestions....
jc141878 is offline Find More Posts by jc141878
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:56 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
jc14...... Surprisingly, the tail motor is angled off a couple of degrees for a reason - to help stabilize the tail assy. More than Likely, your stability problem is due to uneven angle of attacks from one rotor blade to the others. They should all be set at about 22*. They are easy to bend just a little with your fingers, (at the base) and a little bit less at the tips. Make sure they are all equally twisted.

The lights make no difference as far as flight times. The small amount of juice used by them is negligable.Your choice if you keep or dump them. No matter.

As far as mods are concerned, read through this forum - start a couple hundred pages back and read back to the front.

Read these FAQs and this PDF :

http://theclassroom.50megs.com/Blade...nformation.pdf

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-225

Also learn how to search. Just about every question you can ask about the BR has been answered before, and something around 7000 posts have been archived for your edification andreading enjoyment.

Aloha,
Steve
Steve Shepard is offline Find More Posts by Steve Shepard
Old Oct 24, 2006, 04:06 AM
Joined Oct 2006
9 Posts
trim probs

Hi,
seeing as this thread is mods and problems, here goes.

i just bought a br2, great flyer, but the trim must always be at full right to keep the heli from spinning left to much, even with it at full right it turns slowly

please help! (i think there already a thread but i cant find it)
UrbanAcrobat is offline Find More Posts by UrbanAcrobat
Last edited by UrbanAcrobat; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: privacy
Old Oct 24, 2006, 04:27 AM
Joined Dec 2005
39 Posts
18 minutes isnt bad at all imo.
i would suggest keeping the body off altogether for a better flight.

and as for the full trim and slow turning..get the body off,make sure the gears are sitting well,and try tweaking the blades to a steeper angle.

also lube it well,and make sure the rotor hubs are moving freely.

most of this can be found in the classroom thread.

maybe others will have suggestions?

/wave
(ack! sorry steve,i must have scrolled past your post and missed it)
madriff is offline Find More Posts by madriff
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:55 AM
Joined Oct 2006
9 Posts
wobbly circles

k fixed the turning with rotor bending - the heli now does litle wobbly circles to a fro when moving - would that be coz the blades have been bent at different angles?
UrbanAcrobat is offline Find More Posts by UrbanAcrobat
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:12 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
All the blades should be set at about 20* Even one blade being a little off can foul things up.

Get used to tweaking the blades before or after every flight. Especially after a crash. It's just the nature of the beast.

Aloha,
Steve
Old Nov 01, 2006, 02:35 AM
tek
Joined Nov 2006
1 Posts
Help

hi all, im going to buy the brII and i want to know, cause the movie and sites say dif things..... does BR2 have left/right alerion?? can it move sidways without turning the nose???? please help!
tek is offline Find More Posts by tek
Old Nov 01, 2006, 06:18 PM
Infinitisqrd
Hilo, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
1,210 Posts
None of the BRs have roll / (aileron) control. Pointing the nose is the only lateral control you have available.

Aloha,
Steve