SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2006, 01:08 PM
Berlin, MD
Joined Jul 2006
224 Posts
Discussion
First AP pics from Telemaster and they don't suck too badly!

Shot these at lunch today. Canon A70 with a rubber band holding the shutter button. Landscape mode. Man this plane is fun!

The last picture labeled 'private school' shows the condos in Ocean City waaaay off beyond that distant water tower.
berettafan is offline Find More Posts by berettafan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2006, 01:16 PM
Back in black............
dodd city tx
Joined Sep 2005
2,059 Posts
looks great to me
cars4fun2001 is offline Find More Posts by cars4fun2001
Old Oct 09, 2006, 02:44 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
Erik,

Great shots! It's good to see yours in the air! Can't wait to get ours off the ground. How do you like the Tower Pro motor so far? What size (motor) battery are you running?

Larry
txflyboys2 is offline Find More Posts by txflyboys2
Old Oct 09, 2006, 02:56 PM
Cape Cod, MA
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
The more telemasters I see the more I want one.

Nice photos.
aceldama is offline Find More Posts by aceldama
Old Oct 09, 2006, 03:07 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
Hey, it's almost not a well kept secret anymore. I have flown every size Tele at one time or the other and I promise you they fly even better than they look! One word of caution...........if you ever fly one, start looking for the space to store it and a way of carrying it around because you WILL want one!

Larry
Old Oct 09, 2006, 03:13 PM
Berlin, MD
Joined Jul 2006
224 Posts
it is a chore to get the plane to the field but it's worth it!

power is a 'big kahuna' from gorilla bob. batt's are 14 Elite 3600's.

ace this ETM really is fun to fly but AP really makes it into a blast!
berettafan is offline Find More Posts by berettafan
Old Oct 09, 2006, 03:20 PM
Professor of Wood
Nampa. Idaho
Joined Nov 2004
4,266 Posts
I'm glad you added the "flaperons activated" note in the one picture. I was wondering how you got such a clear picture with that much roll.

Very nice. I'm liking the Telemaster idea too.

Dan
kd7ost is offline Find More Posts by kd7ost
Old Oct 09, 2006, 03:21 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,368 Posts
Now they run in several sizes don't they? 48", 60", and what 72" or 8'? How does the 48" one fly? And the 60"? BTW! Very nice pictures!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Oct 09, 2006, 08:12 PM
Joined May 2004
112 Posts
There is a 12' kit version too, I believe... For one that size I would end up bulding a hanger. Say...not a bad idea. Hmmm

Awesome pics Next to the SS, Magpie, and EasyStar I think the TM is definitely getting popular for AP. I'm a proud new owner of an 8' arf and I'm full on converted.
Awtoo is offline Find More Posts by Awtoo
Old Oct 09, 2006, 08:38 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
Quailbird, the smaller Tele's are quicker around the roll and pitch axis generally, with the shorter moments. But all are among the most stable birds in their respective classes. I have actually flown a modified Tele with a 14 ft. WS and carried a homemade 2 gallon ( 2 metal Fox Fuel cans welded together) fuel tank in the fuse. It weighed in at 25 lbs. wet (glow) and powered by a single K&B .61 2 cycle. Takeoff did resemble The Spirit of St. Louis in the movie (looonnngg and drawn out) but once to speed, was as honest in the air as any I had flown.
This sounds like a crazy arrangement but was flown in the '70's before larger engines were readily available. It was also built for one purpose.......cross country flights down the highway and it did the job VERY well.

Larry
Old Oct 09, 2006, 10:29 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,667 Posts
Green Vistas

Man I love the photos with all that green showing! Sure, the river here looks nice but the desert is never that green

berettafan nice to see the motors works great! I am considering convertin a couple of my glow planes with those!
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob