HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2011, 06:21 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
810 Posts
The Centre Of Gravity COG is...4" forward from aileron hinge line 17" back from nose
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:21 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
linkages pic
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
Ive recently been updating the build to use KF steps on the wng.. Ive gone for the KFm4 modification which produces a neutral flying symetrical wing profile.. The KFm4 has top and bottom steps at about the 50% location ...see the pics
The alternative would be a KFm2, top step only , which would gives more lift and slower flight vs: a flat plate
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:17 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
Ive reworked the original design to use a KF section here are the lines and a sketchup model file
this is shown at 26" the originals were 24"

revised COG for first safe flight...4 1/2 inches, measured forward from the aileron hinge line

use the sketchup file and program to scale the model to whatever size suits..but dont forget to add the cog location and dimension so that gets scaled at the same time.
Last edited by davereap; Jun 09, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:39 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
Here is a video of its first flight as a KFm4... the plane was fine but had no go..I later found that while fiddling I had put the prop on back to front..DUH!.. then rain stopped play so ive had no chance to try the prop on the correct way round
F22 KFm4 maiden (3 min 57 sec)
Last edited by davereap; Oct 07, 2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
What a difference putting the prop back on the correct way round has made.
F22 raptor KFm4 session 2 (3 min 26 sec)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:26 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
For interest the motor and esc is from BRC models in the uk cost 14 for the pair.. the prop is an gws-type 8x4 cut down to a 6x4..the lipo was a 1300 3 cell tipple..
The motor is 125W max and the 1500kv version http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=sh...ditem&item=476

I have measured the speed with a clever android application called rcspeedo.. a dopler reading.. and at full power the combo gets the F22 up to 45-50mph.. not a rocket , but a good and safer speed for a park jet
Last edited by davereap; Sep 19, 2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
I re-did the camo with some matt emulsion.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
HELP>>>>Plans to print

Hello, I really liked this F-22. I checked the pics, the video and some plans you have posted. Everything is amazing. Just wondering if you have a detailed guide where you explain electrical parts needed and also the plans of each part ready to print? I know i'm asking to much, but it is the first time i'm gonna try to build sth like this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
My email address: orlandomax56@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
Here are some plan drawings for my version of the su27 or Eagle

They are based on the ikarus shocky....post no....5

So far I've only made the su version but the eagle shape is only slightly different, and I lack space at home for any more, untill I break the ones ive got.

Construction has been kept as simple as possible, all flat sheet, all joints are straight edge to surface, no tricky tongue and slots.

Performance is excellent using all the cheapest bits I could find
...revised COG for first safe flight...for the 24" SU and the Eagle ..is 4-4 1/2 inches, measured forward from the aileron hinge line/ CF mian spar
For the bigger F22 6.5" in front of the hinge line works a treat
f22 model at end of thread...and some video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odN1iJ5pNQ4
orlandomax56 is offline Find More Posts by orlandomax56
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
Hello, I really liked this F-22. I checked the pics, the video and some plans you have posted. Everything is amazing. Just wondering if you have a detailed guide where you explain electrical parts needed and also the plans of each part ready to print? I know i'm asking to much, but it is the first time i'm gonna try to build sth like this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
3 Posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
orlandomax56.. you can contact members directly by PM or email, by clicking on their name.. then on their page is the link for messaging

No sorry Ive never done all the parts, It is supposed to be a simple build.. measure and cut, go by the drawings in post 95 this is the main full shape..cut out one of this shape in 6mm depron or similar.. The pink areas are two extra layers which get directly laminated to the main layer..one on top one below.. The red area are the control surfaces which get cut from the main shape and hinged with tape...
Then go back a few more posts to see the fuzz construction..its all profile, vertical sections glued to the wing
The accuracy you use is up to you.. I just eyeballed the shape looking at some 3D views..
The lower Fuzz splines are all the same depth to allow the cross bars to fix easier, they were all mounted vertical, although the F22 has angled outside sides..
either way will look ok. the top shape again was just an eyeball version, I used two layers to give it more strength
more info is back a bit further ...put google sketchup on your PC and have a look at the file in the zip at post 84..this gives more of an idea of how it goes together.

the only info missing is the tail fin shape. so here it is
Last edited by davereap; Jul 14, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:42 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
I found this little beauty if you want a good replica edf jet
http://www.bananahobby.com/2136.html..
The control sysytem is much as mine but it does look much better.. It even tempted me, but I cant find one in the UK
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
Don't Call Me Shirley
United States, VA, Bassett
Joined Oct 2010
197 Posts
deleted
Tucknut is offline Find More Posts by Tucknut
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:36 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,746 Posts
I've given my KFm4 f22 a fly about.. This model no problem..
I was trying to do some speed runs to record the doppler effect and check it on my android phone.. rcspeedo is the app..

phone app measured speed at 22-25 1/2power and 30-40 full power..my guesstimate was about the same, its not my fastest model
runs measurement seem to go up and down, is this due to flying with and then against the wind on the runs, I wonder..
kfm4 -f22 depron propjet (7 min 45 sec)