HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2006, 08:49 PM
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Mar 2006
261 Posts
Discussion
Need Help with Kill Switch on Zenoah G-38

I need help with installing a Kill Switch on a new (late model) Zenoah G-38, which is not generating any spark when I rotate the prop. I purchased the Zenoah Starter Kit that included a kill switch.

The instruction for this kill switch include "locate the black lead from the coil with the open female connector. Connect this lead to the bullet end of kill switch and the attach the other switch lead to the motor mount bolt or crankcase bolt."

I cut the black wire at the forward end of the Zenoah G-38 magneto attached this black wire to the bullet end of kill switch. I attach the other switch lead to the motor mount bolt or crankcase bolt. No spark is observed.

I have pictures that I can later attach here.

On page 4 of the Zenoah owners manual is a diagram showing the black lead going to the kill switch and the red lead going to the base of the spark lead. However, I could not figure what is the red lead and where would it go to the base of the spark lead?

Should I have rather attached the female (square solderd metal tab) which was connected to this black wire to the bullet end of kill switch?
bryadelm is offline Find More Posts by bryadelm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2006, 08:34 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
kill switch

Cutting the black wire off the mag is your problem of "no" spark.. You leave that black wire attached and solder "to the connection" to hook up your switch.. At least that is how I'm operating my G38s...Brian
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Oct 09, 2006, 08:58 PM
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Mar 2006
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith
Cutting the black wire off the mag is your problem of "no" spark.. You leave that black wire attached and solder "to the connection" to hook up your switch.. At least that is how I'm operating my G38s...Brian
This is exactly what I was told today by Horizon Hobby Support. Why don't they say this in the instruction manual for the kill switch with their Zenoah starter kit?

We have ignition - well at least a spark!

Thank you!
bryadelm is offline Find More Posts by bryadelm
Old Oct 09, 2006, 10:04 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Spark..

Spark is good !!! K@@L... Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryadelm
This is exactly what I was told today by Horizon Hobby Support. Why don't they say this in the instruction manual for the kill switch with their Zenoah starter kit?

We have ignition - well at least a spark!

Thank you!
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith