SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Will NK test their a Nuke before the end of this month?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 5 45.45%
I don't do polls 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 06, 2006, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
Poll
North Korea Nuke Tests. Will they, or will they not? That is the question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../06/ukorea.xml

Quote:

On Tuesday the Stalinist state said it was preparing to trial a nuclear device, in an apparent attempt to blackmail America into dropping economic sanctions.

Some analysts have suggested that a test could come as early as Sunday, the anniversary of Kim Jong Il's appointment as head of the Korean Workers' Party in 1997.

Mr Yachi said: "Based on the development so far, it would be best to view that a test is possible this weekend."
So, please vote and give your thoughts.

Sorry for the error in grammar for the poll question. I can't seem to edit it now. That is probably a wise restriction.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Old Oct 06, 2006, 02:11 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
My Grammer used to make great casseroles.

DPRK can test all they want. They are not NPT signatories. Let Japan and China sweat about it.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Oct 06, 2006, 02:35 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
My Grammer used to make great casseroles.

DPRK can test all they want. They are not NPT signatories. Let Japan and China sweat about it.
I have kind of reached that point also. The US will be nominally protected from direct NK attack, I am sure that they are surrounded by gamma detectors so a nuke being smuggled out would probably be detected.

Right now it's up to China. Will they stop NK from testing or will Japan develop it's own offensive military and nukes.

If NK tested a nuke and Japan went full bore on developing a missile defense, NK getting a nuke might be the best thing that has ever happened to that technology.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Oct 06, 2006, 02:48 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Anyone wondered if NK has got a testable weapon or are they just waiting to be talked out of it for some cocession or other?
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Oct 06, 2006, 03:02 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Anyone wondered if NK has got a testable weapon or are they just waiting to be talked out of it for some cocession or other? - Martin Richards
Yes.

Me.

They have never proved they have them so the question should read, "can they test?"
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 06, 2006, 09:29 PM
H.A.L. 9000
Benicia Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2001
730 Posts
The biggest issue I have with N.K. is that Iran will probably end up with one of their nukes (do they REALLY have any????), if they haven't got there hands on one yet.
checkenbach is offline Find More Posts by checkenbach
Old Oct 07, 2006, 12:01 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
I'm not worried about it.

All we really have to do is hope NK won't launch an attack towards us or an ally, or sell a nuke to Iran, and we'll be safe as a baby in its mother's arms.

Won't we?

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Oct 09, 2006, 07:41 AM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
There you have it.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Closed Thread