HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2002, 01:54 PM
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
642 Posts
Help with mixing please

I have a problem. I want to use my Hitec Flash 5 for a DLG glider in "glider" mode. L and R Ailerons are coupled as flaperons and these are mixed to elevator with camber control on the throttle stick. Rudder is as usual on ch4.

Throttle control is moved from throttle stick to a switch with 3 positions: -50%, 0, and +50% (used to give 0, 50, and 100% levels to ESC for a motor glider).

I want to use this throttle switch (ch3) as a preset switch to control the rudder (ch4) during launch, then flip the ch3 switch to neutral and use the left stick to control the rudder on ch4 as usual for flight.

Is there some kind of mixer I can use to accomplish this mix between ch3 and ch4?

Thanks
Zhack is offline Find More Posts by Zhack
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2002, 08:22 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
I think you might need a fancier radio

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Aug 23, 2002, 01:56 PM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
Unfortunately, there are no programmable mixes on the Flash 5, and what you're intending to do doesn't sound like a very common practice. At least, it's not common enough that there is likely to be a preset mix for it.

I'm thinking along the lines of an external mixer to get what you want without having to buy a fancier radio... Maybe an inexpensive Wattage elevon mixer with the servo reversing set properly would do what you want? The Wattage elevon mixer is less than $20. Just hook the mixer up to channels 3 and 4 on your receiver, and plug the rudder into one of the outputs.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1