HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RayH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2006, 12:11 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
Thanks to everyone on the slope list, especially Ray for putting up with my insisant nature in getting these Macchi Fuses. I looked for over a year trying to find out who had the mold, if that person would make fuses, etc. It turns out Ray has the mold and my fuses are what you see. I'm pumped! gv
gavoss is offline Find More Posts by gavoss
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2006, 12:07 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
Ray, that's Awesome!! I'll be the only one in the midwest with a DC3 and Macchis! You are making my dreams come true, Thanks. gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2006, 08:22 PM
Embrace the suck
Joined Nov 2004
4,268 Posts
Ray, I'm cutting cores for George's DC-3 - d'ya think we can get the cores and the fuse shipped at the same time to save him a little $$$?

Nauga
nauga is offline Find More Posts by nauga
Old Oct 05, 2006, 10:02 PM
Tuskegee Airmen; My Heros
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauga
Ray, I'm cutting cores for George's DC-3 - d'ya think we can get the cores and the fuse shipped at the same time to save him a little $$$?

Nauga

ABSOLUTELY!
David, if you have enough foam, can you cut an extra set of cores or two. No center section, just left and right panels.
Ray
RayH is offline Find More Posts by RayH
Last edited by RayH; Oct 06, 2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2006, 11:02 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
You guys ROCK! gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2006, 11:53 PM
It could happen...
Torrance, California
Joined Jan 2004
7,537 Posts
Gotta love the Macchi. They just look fast!
InTheLift is offline Find More Posts by InTheLift
Old Oct 07, 2006, 12:59 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
This is SO cool! I'll be the only guy in the midwest with a Macchi and a DC3. Ray is doing a Spitfire for me too but there are several spits here, though none will be 60" glass like mine. I'm seriously pumped!!!!! gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2006, 09:55 PM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavoss
This is SO cool! I'll be the only guy in the midwest with a Macchi and a DC3. Ray is doing a Spitfire for me too but there are several spits here, though none will be 60" glass like mine. I'm seriously pumped!!!!! gv

Hang on for the Spit, I am going to try and see if I can flatten out the mold a little bit by building a brace for it.
Meanwhile I will get the others done and shipped along with the cores.
Old Oct 08, 2006, 12:36 AM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
Like I said, no big rush on these. I just WANT them sometime. Get the Spitfire when you can. I'll have plenty of stuff to do in the mean time.

Sounds like I need to order some other cores. My core guy does good work for reasonable pay. If anyone else wants some standard thickness Slope Scale RG 14 modifieds (no undercamber) cores, I'll order as many as needed. I'll guess that $25 shipped will cover everything.

Ray, just let me know when and how you ship so I can be ready for them.

I noticed the F80 and the other Macchi fuses look whiter than mine. I'm guessing one is yellower because it has more glass in it, but what about the other? gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2006, 12:26 PM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Quote:

That is the hardener in the can. No difference what so ever in finished product than color.

Tuesday if I have the cores from Dave I will get your stuff off.
Old Oct 08, 2006, 02:32 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
Sounds fair enough. I have some west system that turns reddish in the small can but it's clear in the quart jug. I work out of the small can and keep the excess in the quart. I talked to Jim Thomas and he says the hardener has lost some strength. Since I'm not carbon/FG over foam bagging wings it's still plenty strong I'm told.

Nauga sent me a photo of his bulldog and my cores, so I'm pumped! gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2006, 04:56 PM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Sounds fair enough. I have some west system that turns reddish in the small can but it's clear in the quart jug. I work out of the small can and keep the excess in the quart. I talked to Jim Thomas and he says the hardener has lost some strength. Since I'm not carbon/FG over foam bagging wings it's still plenty strong I'm told.

Nauga sent me a photo of his bulldog and my cores, so I'm pumped! gv
Dave called, and dropped off your parts. I will be seaming the bottoms tonight and will look to ship this batch no later than wednesday.
The Spit will come later.
Ray
Old Oct 09, 2006, 05:11 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,829 Posts
You're the MAN Ray! Can you let me know a rough time frame on the Spit? Again, no rush, I would just like an idea of when to expect it.

gv
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2006, 05:26 PM
Check the Bloq
Joined May 2002
1,494 Posts
Quote:
You're the MAN Ray! Can you let me know a rough time frame on the Spit? Again, no rush, I would just like an idea of when to expect it.

gv
GIMME a couple of weeks. I am going to do some test layups before hand.
Ray