HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2002, 09:09 PM
Jefferson, GA
Joined Jul 2002
1,220 Posts
Better Looking Landing Gear for Mini Piper and Other Mods

Can someone give some advice on how to make better looking landing gear for the Mini Piper? I would like something that looks more original, similar to the Beaver landing gear.

On the Beaver it looks like the gear is actually just on wire, with the outer brace pieces just for looks. This is fine with me if someone can describe the material used to make it and some recomendations on how to attach it. Or, if these pieces can be bought aftermarket, more the better.

I also like the suggestions made in the E-Zone review about making a hatch for the battery so struts can be mounted for a more realistic look. Any suggestions on how to make these mods would be appreciated too.

What model real Piper would one most likely model this after? PA-18, PA-11?

Thanks,
David J.
DavidJ is offline Find More Posts by DavidJ
to remove ads between posts