HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:49 PM
rational exuberance
USA, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Aug 2003
1,650 Posts
Discussion
LEG Appreciation Thread - Post your pics!

I was moved and inspired by the support that the SoCal slope community showed toward Jack Cooper, but I live too far away to help out. So instead I maidened my recently completed P-63 (with an RAF P-39 scheme) today in honor of Jack's father. Wind was light and variable, but it was fun and looked great in the air.

I snapped this post-maiden pic with my daughter to keep the multi-generational theme going. Thanks to Jack for producing such great kits and thanks to Jack's father for producing Jack!
Dunqun is offline Find More Posts by Dunqun
Last edited by Dunqun; Sep 30, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:19 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Nice job Duncan! Now you have something to thrash on for Goat Formation flying should be a lot of fun!! Build some ballast into the bottom. 60-70oz is pretty good without any spar re-enforcement.

I few my spider today in 10-15, but perfect direction, got to take anything you can get this time of year! cheers!
ave is offline Find More Posts by ave
Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:41 PM
All work and no play
Lucas, KS
Joined Apr 2003
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunqun
I was moved and inspired by the support that the SoCal slope community showed toward Jack Cooper, but I live too far away to help out. So instead I maidened my recently completed P-63 (with an RAF P-39 scheme) today in honor of Jack's father. Wind was light and variable, but it was fun and looked great in the air.

I snapped this post-maiden pic with my daughter to keep the multi-generational theme going. Thanks to Jack for producing such great kits and thanks to Jack's father for producing Jack!
Thank you! The calls and emails I've received are just AWESOME! I'm going to forward this thread to my Mom, she will be very touched by this as I am.
legliderman is offline Find More Posts by legliderman
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:03 PM
rational exuberance
USA, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Aug 2003
1,650 Posts
No prob Jack, but the thanks go to the guys who are helping you out down there. I hope others will post pics of their LEGs too.

Ave - It's on! AUW is 51 oz., Too heavy for today's conditions, but I got a few passes in and trimmed it a bit. I'll try and ballast up for the coast.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:06 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Here's mine...

Condolences Jack...
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:09 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunqun
Ave - It's on! AUW is 51 oz., Too heavy for today's conditions, but I got a few passes in and trimmed it a bit. I'll try and ballast up for the coast.
Would have flown perfect today, man that is even lighter than mine originally turned out!!!(52.x oz) Mine flew great in 10-15mph at that weight... see the 3rd Cobra flight in my flight log...
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:59 PM
"NAVY CHIEFS"
NAF Atsugi, Japan
Joined Jul 2005
628 Posts
Here is a LEG KI-61 60" with a brushless motor set up. Flys great.

Jack, Take care and I hope all goes well at your mother's house.

Mike
rc_man1 is offline Find More Posts by rc_man1
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:57 PM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
I had the chance to visit Jack's dad in the hospital before he passed. He joked about me smuggling him out of there under my coat! He was making plans to BBQ up something for our next slope trip out to Little Mtn.

What a good guy, I miss him. Jack's mom is everybody's mom. Leah, Zach and I stayed the weekend with them the weekend of the PSS Fest. Zach still talks about waking up and having Pat offer him hot chocolate and pancakes. (spoiled that kid rotten!)

Oh yeah, I guess Jack's a pretty good guy too.

Here's my picture illustrating how Zach and I appreciate the LEG production facility.
Jeff Charlot is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Charlot
Old Oct 01, 2006, 12:53 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
I've only built one LEG design so far--my 1D. I had hoped to maiden it today at Lake Wilson, but the wind didn't cooperate AT ALL.

Nevertheless, the kids and I had a great time hanging out in Lucas, flying some electrics and doing a little plinking into what's left of Jack's mountain of RR ties and toppled trees. Steaks on the grill were a hit, too!

Here's a pic of the 1D and my son wreaking havoc on some aluminum cans...Thanks Jack!

Jon
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Oct 01, 2006, 01:34 AM
rational exuberance
USA, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Aug 2003
1,650 Posts
Nice OneD!

Here's my first LEG, also a OneD:
Old Oct 01, 2006, 01:41 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts

the mustang i owned for a little while.. the others are the utah guy's
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Oct 01, 2006, 09:06 AM
NY Slope Dog
Syracuse, NY
Joined Sep 2003
821 Posts
Andrew (Canuck) snapped this in Utah. Man this thing flys great, it's my best LEG yet.
Wind Junkie is offline Find More Posts by Wind Junkie
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2006, 10:14 AM
Jack
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Dec 2005
35 Posts
Jack. Sorry to here about your Dad
Jack B is offline Find More Posts by Jack B
Old Oct 01, 2006, 11:55 AM
Boulder, Colorado
Joined Apr 2002
800 Posts
Here is my contribution. I absolutely love my Air Cobra. It is by far the funnest plane I have in my fleet!

Thanks so much Jack,

David
Bigwave is offline Find More Posts by Bigwave
Old Oct 01, 2006, 01:45 PM
Oceanside CA
Joined Dec 2004
4,046 Posts
No pictures --- YET, but I like my LEG Jart so far! I want to get a crossover.
Mr. Innocent is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Innocent