Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 21, 2002, 11:57 AM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
R/C Airplanes on TV........WHAT!!!!!!

Hey,
I have read that there is an R/C TV show on the Do-It-Yourself Channel. I have this channel, but I cant find a guide to tell me when these shows come on. Heres the URL for the Channel..... http://www.diynet.com/ Now if you put "airplane" into the search, you will come up with some pages on model airplanes and some other stuff, but I CANT FIND A SCHEDULE. Has anyone seen this new TV showl Thanx Patrick
putt_13 is offline Find More Posts by putt_13
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:00 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
I found it

WAIT,
I found it. Go to the bottom of the website, to the area called "On Television". Just click on one of those links "Program Guide
Daily Guide, Weekly Guide" and you can see what shows are coming up. Theres on on R/C Boats at 10 AM. Just thought I would let you guys know, because it will be great to watch TV about r/c airplanes and modeling etc. Thanx Patrick

PS- Go the The Daily Guide and you can see whats coming up. Just click on the numbers near the top to change the date. On Aug 26th at 3:30PM there is a show on R/C Airplanes.

PSS- IF you just look around the site, you can get more info on what the R/C shows are about. Thanx Patrick
Last edited by putt_13; Aug 21, 2002 at 12:06 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:45 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Welcome to the club.. it's been on for months! May be new to your area, however.. Not very informative but certainly good to see it on TV..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:48 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
Good

Hey,
Well I havent been able to find it on my DIY channel. I dont know where it is, I went to the time slot on our TV to where its supposed to be, and its a craft show...LOL. Well its good that r/c flying is getting some recognition, more people may watch it, and get involved, and help make the hobby a bigger thing. Patrick
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:49 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,851 Posts
DIY Programs on R/C

I'm not a crumudgeon but I sent DIY recommendations to cover subjects in little more detail with less silliness and "gee whiz" to appeal to a more mature audience. I mentioned that we hobbyists need all the respect we can get to get and keep flying sites. I did thank DIY for the basic subject coverage.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:52 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
I cant find it

Man,
I wish i could find the shows, but I cant find them. My DIY channel doesnt seem to have any of those shows on. Maybe I shall look harder. Thanx Patrick
Old Aug 21, 2002, 04:44 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
As far as I know that program isn't on anymore on DirectTV. It use to be on Saturday night I think. It was ok, but chances are the program was about cars or boats. Very few shows where made. Look on their website and you see all the different episodes.

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Aug 21, 2002, 08:23 PM
We got planes to build
Dallas, TX
Joined Sep 2001
521 Posts
Brett,

The DIY channel seems to constantly change their schedule around. What was on Tuesday at 9:00pm this week may be on Wednesday at 6:00pm next week. My satelite receiver has a program search function that I use to find a particular program.

Dave
dmiller is offline Find More Posts by dmiller
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:40 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Hey..thanks for reminding me of that. My system upstairs doesn't have it, but the one downstairs in the "theater" does! Go figure!

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Aug 22, 2002, 01:00 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
It's on digital cable at my house, saw one with turbines that was pretty cool. Man Chris needs a haircut.
flailing is offline Find More Posts by flailing
Old Aug 22, 2002, 01:11 PM
formerly HL Larry
just south of Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2001
301 Posts
DIY originally did 5 episodes, now they have released another 10.

Release Dates:
All these air at 8:30PM EST & 11:30PM EST, also repeats the following Sunday at 4:30pm EST.

RC10GT: August 6th
Park Flyers: August 13th
Garden Railroading: August 20th
RC Sailboats: August 27th
Mini-Z Racers: Sept 3rd
Giant Scale ARF: Sept 10th
Digital Trains: Sept 17th
'Outrageous' RC: Sept 24th
RC Helicopters: TBD
Rockets: TBD

** I agree, Chris's hair style went out.... well, when bow ands arrows were hitech.
Larry Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Larry Eddy
Last edited by Larry Eddy; Aug 22, 2002 at 01:13 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 09:13 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Jun 2002
725 Posts
This is exactly the type of thing that Tivo is great for. I have one, but of course the package I have for Direct TV does'nt include the DIY channel - My brother-in-law (Nitro car driver) Tivo's it and I've watched a few. I agree, it is an almost "usefull information free" 1/2 hour and the host is annoying but it was still fun to see the big jets on tv

I think they've put the word "Clevis" up on screen as a vocabulary lesson on every episode i've watched.
DesignGeek is offline Find More Posts by DesignGeek
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flite Test: flite fest 2014