HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:18 PM
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Question
midwest seguin

I am new to RC boating but have built a number of models(planes,modelrr)I love the looks of the seguin tug.Would it be a reasonable for me to attempt.I have read that with the fiberglass hull and midwests good directions it might be ok.Would appreciate comments.

pedsdoc
pedsdoc is offline Find More Posts by pedsdoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
muy
Joined Apr 2005
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedsdoc
I am new to RC boating but have built a number of models(planes,modelrr)I love the looks of the seguin tug.Would it be a reasonable for me to attempt.I have read that with the fiberglass hull and midwests good directions it might be ok.Would appreciate comments.

pedsdoc
I would highly recommend it for a "beginner". The instructions are excellent. I have very little modeling talent and it was my first RC effort and I get great compliments from friends on my Sequin. I doubt you could wrong.
muy is offline Find More Posts by muy
Old Sep 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Dec 2005
1,228 Posts
I would say you are correct, Midwest makes some great kits. With your previous experiance you should have a lot of fun with the Seguin. I have the kit I am waiting for a steam engine to use in it.

Thanks
Steve
steveciambrone is offline Find More Posts by steveciambrone
Old Sep 27, 2006, 07:10 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,763 Posts
I started with a wood hull Seguin 15 years ago, haven't been able to stop messing with it and all sorts of other boats since!
The latest incarnation:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540703

Pat M
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350